Friday, September 16, 2005

Meep Meep, Zoef Zoef...

Friday, 'cause that's when the weekend starts, I was having a bit of an off day... With my luck it was also the first day that I was going to get back into decent practice habits. We went out to the beach (North Shore) to run and swim. The reason why I like waterpolo, and swimming for that matter is because it is IN the water. Dryland is just not really my thing and running up and downhill on a beach nearly killed me. We had to swim out to some ship which was rather far out and I hadn't brought any goggles (someone in Russia better really be loving them!) So apart from really shaking legs I had sore eyes, a dry mouth and really heavy arms :) I love SPORTS!!!
Anywho... After that we went to watch a game, not particularly interesting, got some food (Hmmmm SUSHI!) and went back to our rooms and apartments to get ready for the night out. There will be pictures and you have one of my friends to thank for that because she gave me a throw away camera (literally translated from Dutch) because she wanted to know everything that was going on, and so thanks to her (Dankje Inge ik doe mijn best) you'll get to see a lot of what's happening around here!
The Night out was along one! or actually it seemed rather short but we made it home at 3:45 am. It was great! Haven't danced so much, had so much fun, had so much to drink! And been hit on so much in a long time. LOL...
Good thing I was hanging out with a crowd of teammates and some friends of theirs who are in the navy and stationed here in Hawaii, so we could all come to each others rescue when there was need of rescuing :)

Knowing me, I still can't sleep in, I was up at 8. But I'm very awake now! (dunno how long that'll last though...) But today I'm going to buy myself a bicycle! I found a really good one at a cycle store a good 25 minutes walk form here (at least I get to cycle back). It's a mountain bike, 21 gears, one of those springs in the front that take the blow when you break hard, and all that for only 169 USD (+ tax of course, I always sorta forget about that until I get to the cashier)
So I'll be joining in the road rage here soon!

Tomorrow I'm going surfing!!!! YAY! (which means I also have to do a lot of homework today) I'm going with Malia, one of the other goalies from last semester, but who is a really cool girl and who I will just have to hang out with outside of waterpolo, A LOT! Kris is coming (she is new on the team and came out last night a well, like I said: pictures are on their way!, and I hoped amywas coming but I'll get her a reigncheck on that seeing as she goes to church on Sunday and we are probably going to be at Waikiki at 7 in the morning! It is the best place to watch very sunburned tourists, catch a wave (they are relatively small) and generally have a good time. There is shops all around and a lot of other tourist attractions (Iris, I'm taking you there when you come.. We're going surfin'too!)

Okay.. So far so good.. I need to get dressed and into action.. gooto go buy a bike! Wheee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home