Sunday, September 18, 2005

Welcome to the Land of the Dead

It finally caught up with me: Today I was dead... (still am because I started writing this post in Dutch?! and only noticed when I tranferred to English)
Yesterday evening I went to watch a movie in someone elses apartment (Shall we Dance) and then passed out at around 11pm. Alarm at 6:30 to go surfing. Walked to Waikiki with Malia and meanwhile caught up with each other about the events that happenened over summer. Loads of fun, my arms are still burning from paddling but I caught some waves, got up half of the time, nearly killed someone, or actually a few someones, got bitched at, got some help from some friendly people, got a bit of a tan and generally had a good time! On the way back we took the bus... had a look at Malia's apartment and then went home.. it was only 11:30 but I was ready for bed!
Obviously, after all the walking and bus riding you might have figured out that I didn't get my bicylcle yet. See, we have a little problem in the family, yes, well.. it's a lot more serious than you might think. It doesn't only decrease the avarge height of men but it seems that it also makes you need extra long pants and bigger bicycle frames. Yep..
I walked all the way to the bicycle store and all the way back with all my groceries because they had to order me a bigger frame! Grrr they'll call me at the end of this week or the next and meanwhile I am still walking!
Well then...
Once at home I tried to finish off my genealogy assignment which I have been corresponding about with my grandpa (we were suppose to, I'm not cheating!) but my eyelids were hanging over my knees so I went to get an hour of sleep first... by far not enough! I almost finished my geneology though (it's due tuesday). And had another look at my Essay for Enlish.
An intresting bit of information:
"We are directly related to Karel de Grote, or translated, Karel the Great. This man was the King of what is nowadays France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, most of Italy, and the Czech Republic." Not bad eh! And my Grandpa figured all of that out! To bad the essay was only allowed to be one page long.. I decreased the font size so I could fit more! :) I'm still in the process of drawing up the family tree though.
Am now waiting for my Amy to come back from bible study to go and have dinner, though I might settle for a sandwitch and go to bed... if I make it till 8pm tonight I'll be gratefull, 8:30 artclass in the morning and practice from 4pm to 7pm.
Ready or not, here I come...

Music for the Day: Bicycle, Queen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heej:)

Leef je alweer een beetje? Of lig je al op bed zoals je zei;) Leuk he lang zijn:P maar echt cool joh surfen haha ik heb in een deuk gelegen hoe je het vertelde!! Wij gister toernooi gehad in Leiden! En ik ben weer geen kneus af hoor, kheb het weer voor elkaar. Alette schoot bij inschieten voor de eerste wedstrijd boven me hoofd, en ik was nog beetje sloom met reageren stoot ik mezelf voor me hoofd met me duim en voelt het net alsof het afscheurt:S:S altijd lekker... dus now in tapie en ben ik weer is kneus, Ben ik het ooit afgeweest?? maar goed keepen ging wel weer lekker, maar ik zie nu dat het al bijna kwart voor is en ik moet nu echt nar school!
SPreek je nog wel

xxx Ilse

9/19/2005 8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....hmzzz...bigger frame....guess what, my bike had a flat, and your keys were gone....so I had to go on dad's bike....but I couldn't lower the saddle :S ....what a way to cycle to Ede....bleeeeeeehh....so that's the other side of the problem 4 ya ;)

And I wanna go surfin' 2
And why the heck am I writing in English?
And when do I have the time to go surfin' anyway
And....that's it :P
mzl Joost

9/20/2005 7:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home