Saturday, March 03, 2007

...he had 10.000 men

he marched them up to the top of the pool and he marched them down again.

Okay it wasn't 10.000 but it was at least 2000 people that came to watch our game against Italy, and I knew and awefull lot of them too!
I got to play the second half, and usually I don't mind that, but by the second half I had worked myself into such a sytate of stress that I couldnlt even swim with my head down because I coudnlt breathe. I know silly.. and definitely a first for me! I played shitty.. (at least I think so but the worst I got form someone else was that it wasn't one of my best games.. shit happens) and then, I could blame it on the jetlag... on playing to games in L.A. and not swmming down before hopping on the plain, on the broken rib or whatever you wanna blame it on. But of course I expected a miracle and one of my best games yet ;)

IT is good fun playing ont he National team again, I'm not having too much trouble fitting in and everythign works so beautifully well! Like defense for example.. I barely have time to call anything because people generally know what they are doing!

Home is great too, although I feel like all I do is sleep here. The local television channel has decided Im interesting filming material so they will come by in a sec and follow me to Zeist (the pool we practice in) Urgh.. I hate camera's!, I had to get a medical check up, and I'm generally kept busy.

Tonight I get to hang out with a good friend, have a breather and then get back on track with washing and packing and I really want to go see some more friends but I'm not sure this trip was meant for that!

It was really hard to leave my team in Hawai'i, but they did win the last game they played which is great! feels wierd to have them play without me though. Glad some of them keep in touch and.. me updated!
I'll be back in April!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so glad that you get to see your family and friends during this time at home. It is refreshing.

I hope that you feel more confident in your games. I know that you are playing really well. Congrats to the Bows for winning!

See you in April!

3/05/2007 9:36 pm  
Blogger One other dream said...

Heij.
So you are actually home. SO that would mean I could actually see you. Unfortunately not the 11th since I have to work...
Any other time?
grz Jorien

3/07/2007 1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home