Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fire!

So last night I went to see some firethrowing! It was amazingly beautifull! Cycling is pretty fast in the evening and I got to where I needed to be in about 15 minutes, I think, I still don;t carry a watch! Had to look hard because they got together on this grass field just behind the beach but when I saw the fires I figured that was where I was going!
Aurelien and Cyril and Tibu were already there, the others didnlt come. Aurelien was the only one who participated and I continued practicing with a wooden stick they used for practice. Supposedly I was really amazing for my second try, haha, but here's me the perfectionist striving for better always and mostly frustrated that I couldn't be as gracefull as they were on my first try!
NEway it was your regular hippy reunion, though I had really intresting talks with everyone because if you're there, you're part of the crew, wether you are watching or drumming or firethrowing!
They had people with 2 ropes, with sticks, a lasso and jugglers. Everything interacted and everyone had their own style.

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
Aurelien and his stick... (long shuttertime)

At about 10 we had to get out of there because they started towing cars away. Not my problem because I was on my bike! Me and Cyril and Aurelien went to the beach. Sat around till about 11:30 talking looking at the stars and relaxing. Really nice! The view is your regular travel agent folder view, slightly blueish hotels that light up behind you, palm trees silhouetted against the light, stars above, the sea at your feet.
*sigh* what else could you wish for! Too bad it was a regular weekday! I was in bed by 12 and now it's 6:45 and I'm awake because someone decided that the hedges needed to be trimmed!! WHY! I ask you!

Music for the day: henggggggggg brrrrrrngrrrrrrrrr (yes that would be the trimming machine)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home