Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thunder? and Lightning!

Saturday morning workout was rather easygoing, which was nice for a change and left me with the energy to go for a swim afterwards. I really need to get back into swimming, I'm doing to much legwork and to little of anything else.
Amy works at the pool so I walked with her and while I was changing found that Alyssa also decided on a swim. (Alyssa is one of Amy's best friends and also a devout christian. She is also a very sweet person! and a surprisingly good swimmer, though she doesnt think so :)) so we swam together which is way more motivating that messing around on your own! Thanks Alyssa!
Then me and Amy passed out for about an hour.. I think we were lacking some sleep, and I think 'some' was an understatement!
Then we went to a BBQ organised by and for our housing complex at about 4:30... that was dinner... then we went to the bookstore. It's a good thing I don't have any money because this was one of those bookstores that looks like a university library! They had everything, all kinds of books and music! And journals, which was my main reason for going there. I bought a really beautifull one! So two or more pages in my old one and then I get to start a new one. Anyone who keeps a journal knows how nice it is to start on a new first page! And this one is totally WOW! See my Journal! Couldn't get it hotlinked :S *devilish grin*
We stayed there for a while (they have a small cafetaria) so we had some tea and coffee and sat outside with the homework we brought. Really nice. On our ride home we had the silent kind of lightning.. (sheetlightning) that lights up the whole sky but without thunder. Really beautifull! I can really look at these kind of things for ever. However it was also my first trip to that area on my bike and I told Amy I would be okay on my way home (she was on her moped so was a lot faster and could go on the road on places where I couldn't, or rather wouldn't) so I had to pay attention to where I was going. It was a nice trip though! Didn't take any detours either :) Be proud of me!
Conclusion about cycling in Hawaii though:
1. The side walk is the safest place.. if you can keep up with traffic the road is a lot faster!
2. No matter how slow you go, when you arrive you'll be drenched in sweat within 5 minutes!
3. Pedestrian lights take forever to turn white...
4. I need to buy a light!
5. I love my Bicycle!
And I had a great night! LOL I know I am a bit of a geek, spending my Saturday night in a bookstore, but the alternative was going to the football game and then going to the after party. I like going out here but I dontl like football, same as I don't like soccer! So there!

Music for the day: 'Den Haag, den Haag', van Wieteke van Dort. No clue how that came into mind but I know my dad will have a laught about it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I took a look at your artwork and was very impressed!

:)

Nice Blog. (and don't worry, this is not spam!)

10/02/2005 10:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home