Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The 10 Commandments

=>NO OFFENSE INTENDED!<=
1: I am the Lord thy God, thou shall not have strange Gods before me: To be able to focus only on art I need to clean up my mind from other things and so, not to get distracted, my room. Bonus!
2: Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain (blasphemy, pride): They got me there, I do take pride in art (or else it ends up in the bin before a living soul lays eyes on it!)
3: Remeber thou keep holy the sabbath day: Make time on a regular basis, sacrifice a little (everything else can wait!).
4: Honour thy Father an thy Mother: They tought me well and I use the talents they bestowed upon me.
5: Thou shalt not kill: I create instead!
6: Thou shalt not commit adultery (lack of self-discipline, degrading the purpose of human intimate relationship, self-abuse): I merely show the beauty of the human mind, and the miracle that is love and reveal the sins that lie within so they may not be repeated.
7: Thou shalt not steal (Time, Will, Pride, Physical Energies, Material Wealth, Patience, Talents, Hope, Dignity): I think the proper term in the art world for that is "borrow".
8: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neigbour (gossip/slander/lying/hating): I don't go behind peoples back, I express it. I indirectly confront them with it through art and funny enough they often like what they see. (Or not and then I have an interesting discussion!)
9:Thou shalt not covet thy neigbours wife: can I draw her though?
10: Thou shalt not covet thy neigbours goods (denying a man his rightful property, position and acclaim): if they ask nicely I will often just give it to them, how cool is it that people get excited over posessing a piece of art that I made!! :)

And as the commandments don't really cover it all:
A. Some art (other peoples or my own) can occupy my mind for hours. "Never a dull moment!"
B. I never have nothing to do (if I don't want to that is) (and on a side note: don't you just love double negatives in English?)
C. It makes an enormous mess, but when you have cleaned up just your art stuff... the room is clean again (although the carpet may have a few additional stains.)
D. If Art is the triumph over chaos, imagine all that I can conquer!
E. Being an Artist, my second and third language art English and Dutch! I'm trylingual!

Okay, so I bought some acrylic paint, and lo and behold I'm inspired.. stress will come by the end of the week as tuesday we are leaving for our first road trip and I have to take an early exam on monday. But now, I need to vacuum beofre Amy comes home, and then I'l do art :)
SCORE!

Music:Valse de Fleurs, André Previn
Quote: "Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere." ~ G. K. Chesterton

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WAHOO !

Re: #7

One of the most useful things I learned at the College of art I attended is a quote.

"Immature artists immitate, mature artists steal!"

Bart

2/01/2006 9:08 pm  
Blogger Lorenz said...

Hey, this is Lorenz from the United flight to SF last Tuesday. Wanted to drop a line and say hi. Couldn't find your email address on this website. Let's connect. Email me at lorenz@bluelavatech.com.

2/13/2006 10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home