Saturday, January 28, 2006

Relay for Life

So I went to the Kick-off for Relay for Life. Which is basically a run which is kept going by several teams for a certain amount of time to raise money for the American Cancer Society. If you are interested, have a LOOK at the Relay for Life website. It tells about the history and ways you can donate, has video's etc etc...
The actual run is next week somewhere, and we are praticipating in the organisation that needs to be done surrounding the event.
But I wanted to tell you about the kick-off. It was very impressive: It was raining and so there were very few people. However everyone was relaly nice and there was a little band playing. Hawaiians have an amazing talent for music and the most beautifull voives! We got invited to stand up to say why we were participating and there were some very moving stories. I just listened, I don't like speaking in public, but I lit a bag on which you could write a name and dedicate it in loving memory. So, as Lucas said on seeing the big pink cloud: Dag Grote Oma, dag Grote Opa, dag Marleid.

Coming home I realised I had locked myself out of my room. One of those days... so after getting that sorted I went to get some sushi for dinner and basically talked to people online for wayyyyy to long :) I finished some art! and it is pending for elfwood but uploaded on art attack.. was about time.. this piece was laying around since before christmas!

So I'm absolutely dead right now.. spent too much frustration on people in the pool, and on myself for having two rotten knees. Shall go call Kezia, because we are playing guitar! bound to lift my spirits! and I got Iefke's watercooker because she prefers using the microwave! YESM! Tea for me! maybe I should go find me some cookies to go with it.. let's celebrate!

Music: Brighter Side, OPM
Quote: "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home