Friday, April 20, 2007

Compassion

So I get up at quarter to 6 after having woken up 3 times during the last two hours because I have soo much on my mind. I go to practice, finish of my ten page paper, cram some more African art history into my head, walk to the student athlete centre to print it out, cram some more while walking to the other side of campus. Take a pause on the steps to finish reading one last paragraph and knock on my teachers door.
She settles me into a freezing cold room (the room where they keep all the slides where at least it is quiet and sets me off to my test.) I didn't know I could blurt out soo much info in such a short time...) when I give it back to her she starts telling me her life story which I try to listen to for a little while but eventually awkwardly excuse myself to go get a coffee beofre her class period starts and I have ot sit in the dark looking at slides for anothrer 1,5 hours while freesing my but off with an already low concentration from lack of sleep.
"I'm sorry" I said, "I think I'm having some trouble catching up with school after missing it for over a month."
"Oh no problem" she says, I just been sick for almost a week and am totally behind, even tried to do some work at home, so I totally understand."
Well I'm glad she does.

I'm going to buy ome new guitar strings after practice tomorrow. I wasn't going to before I went home but with all my art stuff out of reach (took it all home on my last trip around the world) I am really ready for a creative outlet. Even if that means sucking at playing guitar which I havn't done in a lifetime!

Quote: "Sometimes you have to see someone love somethng before you can learn to love it."
Music: Vanessa Mae, The Requiem of Gods

2 Comments:

Blogger One other dream said...

Heij

If you want me to go over some of your papers, (if you have to write any..) I would be happy to help out.
(If there is anything I have learned in the last couple of years... writing papers and being critical (and helpful) on others'.)

Jorien

4/21/2007 1:03 am  
Blogger Joost said...

Ooh ooh ooh...guitar?! I'll help with that part...if you get me to hawaii again ;) lol...goodluck with everything!

4/22/2007 2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home