Sunday, April 01, 2007

No. 7 Hawai`i Upsets No. 4 Cal, 10-9, On Senior Day

So I'm back to my normal life.. or so I like to call it.
We got picked up by a good friend from the airport, dropped at home while they went for practice, and had a 3 hour nap. After which we went for afternoon practice. and a hard one at that! no problem really but just a little intense after a ten hour red-eye in which we didnlt sleep.
Had a lovely dinner made by one of the girls and very much enjoyed seeing the crowd again.

The next morning I woke up from the alarmclock. It was time to go to practice.. again.. for an hour or so.. I slept in till 9:30!!! this in aan apartment that is filled with light form abaout 7am onwards. Must be the jetlag. We watched man ups an downs for an hour (the first ten minutes okay, I payed soooo much attention after that!) then we had and hour of practicing that.. which became about one and a half hours, which left us.. two hours before we had to be back on the pool deck. had lunch, tried to get a small nap but for those of you who have ever attempted at playing sports in their sleep... windows are pretty hard if you think you are blocking a ball, so that didnlt really work out. Then back to the pool for more video. then warm up and then playing. I was dead before we started but did not do alltogether awefull. We could have won by a few more goals I shall admit but we had the scoring potential high on our side; we scored a lot!

It was probably a good game to watch, too bad we didnlt get some more supporters. I mean there were a few but we've seen better ;) Surprise to the day was though that this was THE senior game. In hawai'i the last home game is the senior floatoff. you get leid, get lots of hugs, contemplate crying a lot (especially when you're tired and just won the game that got you to the NCAA's) and then float off into the pool on a floatie.Mmine said: The Brick Wall. Well all brick walls have some cracks right?

It was a really good day, so glad we won, made it soo much better!
I'll see if I can get hold of some pictures soon, then I can upload them :) as of now I have none.
Now back to focussing on exams... (WTF?!) and then we are off again on Sunday.
Never a Dull Moment.

Quote: "If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi
Music: Suddenly I See, KT Tunstall

5 Comments:

Blogger Dick said...

Hi Nooy,
Ik zie dat je je oude gewoonte van goed keepen in Hawaii alweer hebt opgepakt. Fijn te lezen. Ik hoop dat je het ondanks dat je weinig gespeeld hebt,toch nog naar je zin hebt gehad. En dat je t mij niet kwalijk neemt dat ik ooit een balletje over je rentree hebt opgegooid.
Tot ooit weer in Nederland.
xxx
Dick

4/02/2007 1:02 pm  
Blogger Catri said...

Finally,
Meike you're 'home'! Are you coming to see us on Thu night? I can't wait to hear all the stories from everywhere you've been...
Btw, I'm preparing a desert fro that night, so you have to try it!
I also need to ask you if you have any housing during this summer in HNL, or if you will be in HNL. I need to move out from my dorm, and I'm looking for a roommate. What do you think?
See you soon!
Ecaterina from Romania

4/03/2007 3:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, may be some rest was required,
reculer pour mieux sauter
or one step back for a leap forward.
Proud of you
looking forward to these pictures.

Love from holland this time

Daddy

4/07/2007 3:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meike,
About what we talked - when can I come visit you? Email me when you're free this week: acatri@gmail.com
10x!

4/15/2007 7:16 pm  
Blogger One other dream said...

Well I will do it this way since MSN acted a little weird....
thank you thank you thank you..
(for some reason, my family keeps on bringing me colorfull clothing... from suzan I got a pair of teensokken a couple of years ago.. :)all stripes in green, blue and yellow, bright that was :))

4/16/2007 1:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home