Sunday, August 26, 2007

Qualified!!!

So.. I got some internet...
trying to update my blog in Russian is quite interesting as there are a lot of interesting signs that do not exist on my keyboard nor do I know what theymean. However I need to update as this is Crazy!!!!
We just qualified for the Olympics in Beijing!!! It is pretty unreal! and we hardly believe it yet, but we just beat everyone including Russia in their home country! We must be pretty darn awesome!

Neways.. it was quite the week.. Russia is quite boring as in we are in Kirishi and there is nothing here.. so all you do is hang around in your hotel. I was second goalie so I didnlt get to play that much although I got bits and pieces and a quarter in the finals so Ilse (the othergoalie could get her act together.. but she was pretty darn amazing so that makes all that okay!

At least now I know I amde the right decision going home to the Netherlands for a year. I bloddy miss Hawaii and my friends and well... my life there but I guess Olympics makes up for that! Wheee!!
Okay running out of internet time, just wanted to give a quick update!

6 Comments:

Blogger normandy said...

FRICK MEIKE SOoooOOOOOOoOOOOOO COOOOOOoOOOOOooOLLLLL!!! CONGRATU_FRICKEN_LATIONS!

I just got a message from ief on my facebook :) i am so stoked for you. you freakin did make the right decision. shit i guess i am going to have to see how i can go to china then huh?

i will see you soon! i get to holland on the 13th. woohoo :)

want anything from hawaii before i come over?

LOVE YA! congratulations :)

8/27/2007 8:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I have to start learning some basic chinese now if I want to find my way around in China.
Was hopping up and down while following your match online, no images, no sound only changing pages, but I must have been the first in Africa to know the outcome. YAhooo!
Hugz

Daddy

8/27/2007 2:24 pm  
Blogger Jon said...

Congrats Meike!! That is so COOL that you are going to the Olympics. I hope you know that I am going to be bragging about you to everyone I know!

Hope you have a great time in South Africa!

8/28/2007 2:05 am  
Blogger One other dream said...

Hahaha so now you can go on and sit and relax for an entire year of not worrying to make the Olympics. That must be pretty awesome. I did see you on tv though :)
congratulations!

8/28/2007 11:41 am  
Blogger One other dream said...

Oh and I think your coach is pictured in Cosmo....
But you have probably seen it and laughed about it already while doing nothing in Russia.

8/28/2007 1:36 pm  
Blogger DvB said...

Said it in an email but it bears repeating: Congratulations miss!

Was looking forward to hearing some good news like this from you :D

- Dirk

8/29/2007 10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home