Saturday, July 14, 2007

IF

So I was introduced to this site called Illustration Friday a little while ago and was absolutely down to sketch something every week, according to their topics.. just to keep me going. However I have posted naught so far. Yeah.. I know what you're thinking; it sounds like a new years resolution doesn't it. Well let me tell you. It is not like it doesn keep me drawing, it is just that I cannot draw something simple and not time consuming and be done with it. I'm still working on the topic of two weeks ago, made a sketch and then decided to work on it with scratchboard. It seems the forum doesnlt so much give me thoughts, but finishes them for me. the thoughts I have in my head get somehow given an extra twist by a simple word appearing on a website weekly.
It'll take me another week to finish this one, and the next one (finished by this weeks theme: discovery) is already knocking to come out. I think I need to start carrying a sketchbook to the pool again, I got more done that way!

Lots of fun things coming up.. I'll keep you posted!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

i wanna check out this website. what is it? i want to draw things too.

7/15/2007 12:29 am  
Blogger Nooy said...

LOL, the link is the title :) I thought I did a good job on that haha.. I guess it was a little bit too efficient/clever ;)

7/15/2007 12:17 pm  
Blogger DvB said...

try adding (clicky!) to the title ;) worked for me :D

7/16/2007 10:19 am  
Blogger ELLA ELVIANA said...

i was like you the first time i joined IF, but as times go by, your worries would disappear and all you want to do is to post your entry before the next friday! :)

7/22/2007 3:03 am  
Blogger Nooy said...

Will try the clicky next time!

And thanks for the encouraging words.. I really hope that is the way it works! Will now go draw for a bit to speed a ong the process! :)

7/22/2007 9:51 am  
Blogger Eli said...

Hey! You could always post your sketches and then repost your finished work later! Like the scatchboard piece by the way!

7/23/2007 7:40 am  
Blogger Nooy said...

I think I'm too much of a perfectionist for that, but I'll see! It is a good idea though! Thanks :)

7/23/2007 7:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home