Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cross-Eyed but Satisfied!

Tadaaaaaaa! Okay so I am a little proud but I think I'm allowed to be. I finally finished this piece! It is a first time attemot at scratchboard and funnnily it fits every category of the last three IF topics; maybe that is why it took me this long :)

Twist (in the ropes and o the marionette theme), Discovery, an Poem (I've had a like image in my mind for the longest time but it was never good enough to draw and by someone analysing the symbolism I realised this is exactly what my poem needed. Triple satisfaction!

Grown-Ups Land

At the doorway of understanding
I hesitate
The world I'll enter is demanding
but I just want to investigate

On the treshold of of responsibility
I falter
My life will change inevitably
and I dont want to alter

One step in doorknob in hand
I fret
this is what they call grown-ups land
and I don't want to go there yet.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bella Darkweaver said...

This is absolutely amazing! Your shading, use of perspective, and all the details are just brilliant. Well done!

7/22/2007 4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. :)

7/23/2007 2:04 am  
Blogger DvB said...

Well, you got me speechless :D

7/23/2007 8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Really beautiful...

7/23/2007 9:32 am  
Blogger Brittany said...

i freakin love it. i want to have your babies so that they can be great artists like you. let me know and we can work something out.

7/23/2007 3:06 pm  
Blogger biteyourowntail said...

Love it - really skillful with the scraperboard. Very atmospheric.

7/23/2007 3:27 pm  
Blogger Iris said...

Wow!

Wow!

en nog 's WOW!!!

Can I say anything else???? But then again, I'm always a fan:-) Going to have it on my desktop if you don't mind:-)
Just 6 weeks till i see you in SA! yey!!!! This coming week isn't too hectic, so I'll start thinking about what we should do with ourselves....not too hard...just need to decide what's most important!
toedeloo!
x

7/24/2007 10:19 am  
Blogger Nooy said...

Woop woop! thankyou everyone for all the spirit uplifting comments, it is great to return from 4 days of hard work to this :)
@leah: I was wondering if you can call it shading, there are no sahdes other than balck an white?
@smth strng: I like speachless
@Buntifer: I very much appreciate your comment!
@britt: babies??? I think we need different kinda cells for that.. maybe you should try Jon? hmm my bad :p
@bite u'r own tail: thankyou, it was quite a mission!
@Iris: I'm glad we can admire each others qualities so well! hugz and see you very soon (my tickets are real! still in my drawer!)

7/26/2007 10:39 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for visiting. This is very striking. I think the time you took on it was well worth it.

7/27/2007 10:13 pm  
Blogger janie said...

great illo, very striking and perfect for your poem. which I really like. Both together remind me of Pinochio's struggle:)

7/28/2007 1:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meike! Your drawing is lovely. This is the first time ive been on your bloggy thing. neato! when you move to africa we can meet up :) ive been sketching chokeloads latley. and tonight is the san francisco international poetry fest! woo woo. maxie

7/28/2007 2:48 am  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

Beautiful and strange image, and the poem is so good, perfect with this piece of work. Wow!

8/08/2007 3:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home