Friday, June 29, 2007

Impending Damage

You wonder if one will ever learn. I certainly thought I would eventually learn to see injuries coming and simply refrain from jumping in the pool or lifting weights.. but seeing as I've just been marching on for like what, 6 years now? Impending damage or not, I think I officially am blind to them. I just assume that my body can handle everything I trow at it. I have found though that my body seems to have a little mind of it's own (I wonder where it is physically oriented.. like in my stomach or something or behing me kneecap?) Which ever way, it simply cripples me whenever it thinks I'm not taking enough care of myself. So when It hink, hmm swimming is making me dizzy the next thing I know I'm done swimming because my shoulder stops functioning, and when I find some other activity to do anyway (my shoulder is not enough to hold me back) then I mess up my back. So now I'm sitting up straight behind my computer, pretty much similar to the way I watched everyone lift weights this afternoon and very opposite to my final attempt at practice this morning, thinking the termination of gravity in the water and warming up somewhat would make me capable of movement.

BOO! but then I could see the positive side of it.. I get to postpone cleaning my room again, and just get to lie on the floor doing art, preferably doing art, propped up on my elbows (this is the exercise I'm supposed to do for about 1-5 minutes 5x a day) so if I do well, maybe I can get some art done!
On an entirely different note, today I saw someone struggle with insecurities of whom I'd never seen it before. I mean, I know everyone has some, but some people just seem oblivious to them. Sometimes you don't notice the struggle untill you hit a subject close to home. The subject in this case was a compliment. Which ever way, I always want to heal the bloody world and some things you simply cannot fix, which really bugs me. One way or a nother though...

Okay and finally.. I found that I can doodle in between practices and that people will leave me at peace most of the time. So another image rolled out.
Music: Natalie Imbruglia, That Day
Quote: "In this business you either sink or swim or you don't." -David Smith

3 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

tut tut tut!
Oh well, if you weren´t so bloody driven we wouldn´t see you playing at international level, now, would we?
Take care of that back, shoulder, knee - ok, the WHOLE of you!!! - and see you in SA!!!!!!!
Still can´t believe it!!!!
huggles
IRis

7/01/2007 9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the drawing. that you doodle that on the floor today while doing the exercise with your shoulder? I want to doodle like that too.

7/01/2007 11:22 pm  
Blogger Nooy said...

IRIS, I'm coming!!!!!!!! And I will take care of myself.. I promise.

Miriam, that comes from doodling all the way through classes in any school I've ever been too and getting a lot of teachers to shake their heads at me for my lack of attention. I always draw on the floor though, propped up on my elbows. I'm not a desk person! But the doodles like this one is when I am not trying to make anything in particular, they are far in between, when my hand takes the lead. :)

7/02/2007 8:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home