Saturday, September 27, 2008

On Avo

Careful to keep the fruit intact I spend my entire morning not bumping my bag into anything, not squishing it into the seat of my moped, not slinging it over my shoulder and not randomly stuffing my books in.

As a little treasure I carried it around, hidden in in my pouch no one knowing it other than me. Untill it's faithfull moment came and I pulled it out. A dark shiney green: soft but not too soft, big but not too big, and mine, most importantly, all mine.

Picking at it's center of suspention I got hold of it's cardboard skin. My first taste sucking the flesh off, sampling the whole. It peeled easily and sat in my hand like a big pear. A big baby pear, freshly arrived in this world, still sitting in it's bottom shell.

I contemplated it's perfect shape for a while and then took a big soft bite that started melting on my tongue as soon as it hit base. I tried to eat it slowly, picking bit's off my nose and cheeks, remnants of the feast of each bite, my hands soft with a thick green cream.

Now I sit satisfied, like the original fruit full, lucious and glowing green around the edges.

It is also mango season ans the pineapple we had the other day had my tongue sore for the day after as I had too much! so good! Jealous yet? Papaya's are pretty sweet too!
And tonight one of my new friends is cooking my roommte and me a traditional Japanese dinner!

Oh and guess what! the sun us shining!

Music: Sunshine, Matt Costa
Quote: "Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." -Henry David Thoreau

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

you're so so cruel!!!!
Can i have some? It's 9am in the morning here and i'm slobbering all over the place!
Any thoughts on December/san francisco/canada yet? need to book flights this week...
Don't worry if you can't. it's just a random idea...since i'll be so close and yet so far!!! lol!
i have a phone no. from your mother to call you on, but it's only for the weekend...did i get that right?
Hope you're having a lot of fun (though reading your blog it's obvious you are!)! I'm going to start the mammoth task of sorting through my 2000+ photos from China and your mother's photos and then get them printed to stick them on black paper i got at the Hema this weekend.
Saw your parents and your mum's shop and ofcourse my family too...they all send you loads of hugs. Me too!
x

9/30/2008 10:42 am  
Blogger Joost said...

ik heb internet!!
muahuhuhuhaahahaha!!!!
zo kan ik nu elke dag jou blog in de gaten houden.... :P

10/03/2008 5:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home