Monday, September 01, 2008

Speachless...

as you might have noticed!
I dreamed up a lot of things as a little girl but this never really was one of them LOL!

I thought about running a bunch of quotes of e-mails people sent me on here, but I just recieved the best one last night when I called my family in Canada. My cousin Justin picked up the phone and when he figured out it was me he told me in a brilliantly long sentence, slightly hoarse with excitement:

"Did you know... ... ... you guys won ... the Olympics?!?!?!?!?"

I guess this says all we need to know.
After a long week of being hailed by the Queen, the people in my street, the Swimming comity, our municipality and the one of the team I play on, giving a golden clinic (having all out sponsors show up and teach them sports) and receieving so many flowers we ran out of vases and buckets too and the wedding of a good friend (she was absolutely beautiful), I finally get to pack and as a bonus my other dear friend managed to give birth to Marjolein (she told me she'd manage it between China and Hawaii as she wanted me to be there. So I get to go see her today! SO PROUD!

I fly tomorrow, got to talk to Amy today (yes I'm still bouncy) and will now go on bouncing till I drop dead on the plain to Hawaii tomorrow so I can prepare for catching up a week+ of school and find an apartment and work the goalies on Aloha Island. Nothing aloha about workouts though!

Will catch up with all of you asap!
Thanks again for all the support, it means the world to me!

Quote: "Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognise it as such" -Henry Miller
Music: Muse, Starlight

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

That's so cute!!! Like you didn't know you had won at the olympics! lol!
Your dad decide not to garden the outside for a bit while he tends the garden inside? I can just imagine the colourful as well as fragrant welcome you get everytime you walk into your house....My mum is thrilled with the one you got at the Gemeente huis!
just went to the same shop you got your tea and they wanted 250 per little box...the ones you got for half the price. i was like, no way i'll go somewhere else! tomorrow i am going back to the wall. it's where you can walk 10km of it and they pick you up the other end....i don't really have the shoes for it, but what the heck, i hope my birkenstocks last! lol!
have a safe trip tomorrow and speak to you soon!
xxx

9/01/2008 1:29 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got the feeling I've seen you a lot lately...checking internet: there she is.... checking the tv ...her again?.... checking even the local newspaper and even the free papers contains pictures of you :)...
I think EVERYBODY I've met recently now knows ho you are, cause of me always shouting THAT'S HER!!!!

Next time i see you I also hope to speak to you as well ;0)...but then again ...Hawaii is a long way from here...

Take care

Your very proud cousin

9/03/2008 7:21 pm  
Blogger Catri said...

Meike,
There is room in my apartment if you don't have where to live for now.
Ecat

9/03/2008 8:49 pm  
Blogger Catri said...

Really, my roommate just dumped me. So, there is a room for max $650/month for everything.
Call me anytime 381-5155 - you can move right now! Come to global.
See u soon!
Ecaterina

9/05/2008 5:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meike! The kids watched you the last game with Frans and were so proud of you and your team. And hey, doesn't it all begin and end with workouts :-)

9/24/2008 12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home