Sunday, May 04, 2008

Quarter Century

So it has been a while, at least I seem to stick to at least once a month updates!

It has been a Quarter Century!!! And it went by quite relaxed and enjoyable. I tend to let my birthday slip by quietly as for some reason I'm never really in for celebrations. My friends however thought otherwise! Iris came over from England with the good intention of celebrating her birthday as wel as mine :) and Britt came back from the Europe Cup in Sciscaly (as she calls it) went out for one night and came over to my place the next. We had a lovely dinner and then went out to Ede to see what my brother and his band were up to! It was good fun hanging out in the pub/bar, and I really enjoy most of their music and their catchy choruses and must admit I'm a proud to show them off! Running Downhill

We went to bed late and the next morning had appelpie for breakfast with big cups of coffee... sounds horrible doesn't it? I had some really cool presents (my hammock-top/left- picture courtesy of Britt) I think I will be spending quite some time in there!

What else happened lately? I realised it is really expensive to have a car and how much I actually enjoy having one! I needed to take it to the yearly checkup and had to pay a little more than I had bargained for to keep it on the road. I realy already knew it was expensive business to own a car but this!!!! However I have made piece with it and now we are happily driving around the country together again. It is MY car and I don't think I'll be owning one again in the near future or after I bugger off to Hawaii so I am going to majorly enjoy it! So there!

I had a fun outing to the Keukenhof, which is a garden focussed on all our spring flowers and bulbs, with my grandparents. It was really beautiful and I had never been there so it was about time! 't Was hard to get them in my pictures though... they are great at avoiding camera's :)

Music: Hey Driver, Lucky Boys Confusion
Quote: "It's bald and driving a white VW...??: my brother -my across the street neigbour

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes fist* I forgot your birthday again. Grrr. I left a message on your answering machine to make up for it.
Also, if your bro+band have another gig somewhere in Ede, lemme know. I can take pictures.

5/05/2008 8:55 pm  
Blogger Jon said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Meike! From yours and Britts blog, it looks like you had a good one. Hope you are doing well and the weathers warming up.

5/07/2008 7:11 pm  
Blogger Brittany said...

yeah for grandparents in the keukenhof ;)
woohoo sexy picture man
if it happens to be on deviant art, i had nothing to do with it ;)
muahahhaa

5/12/2008 8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blehh...the link to the band ain't workin'

there's blogger.com in front of it...that's not right :P

www.myspace.com/runningdownhill
www.runningdownhill.nl
www.runningdownhill.hyves.nl

there ya go!
and I ain't bald no more...
at least not as bald

5/14/2008 10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home