Sunday, November 09, 2008

Things

Beach workouts have dwindled as season (accordingt o NCAA rules) has started officially which means there are no funny rules holding one back from using balls in practice and working out a certain amount of hours in the pool... It was fun... Taken at waimea beach and they weren't even greatful! I guess they liked the pictures of jumping of the Rock better! I must admit I thought it was! :)

It was halloween! Altogether waikiki was a bit dissappointing, it seems the center has moved to downtown which is where I'll be going next year! There are too many tourists in waikiki that don't dress up and just come to watch :S

We had an after weddign BBQ of Volker's brother and his girlfriend. It was a very spontaneous potluck and I met a whole bunch of fun people there apart from the very fun ones I arlready knew! Spent a lot of time in the sea avoiding Men of War... I was succesful, but not everyone. Ended up hanging out with Krystian and Isar who were my ride home from Waimea... which resulted in my latest piece of art (on the right or on my deviantart site)

We had dinner at our house. According to Adi this picture is proof Dutch girls can make real Indian food! :D (for those who know: Mango Dahl and Palak Paneer) And it is great when everyone likes it, especially a random culture clash like this! From left to right: Angel (Spain), Takuya (Japan), Adi (India), Ecaterina (Romania) and me (Dutchy!) Later for desert which was a combi of strawberries Gulab Jamoon hmmm and appel/caramel cakes Nicolas (France) and Lisa(Japan) also joined us! Good fun!

And somewhere in between all this my little brother turned 21!!! Must mean I'm getting old haha!
Oh, and we have a new president which should be great but the next topic of discussion is how he is going to be assasinated. This is a strange place to live... but we live right down the road from where Obama used to live!

Quote: "I am not young enough to know everything." -Oscar Wilde
Music: Pandora!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

i miss you. i just did a big search for your banana loaf recipe, i am becoming quite the cook meike, you'd be so proud. one day i'll cook you my lentil soup, it's pretty sweet. anyways, your banana loaf is in april 2007 incase you wanted to know : )
i also just realised that you have quoted me a couple of times, that makes me feel really cool : ) i don't know how i didn't pick up on it before. i always read them...haha. anyways, i miss you. love love.

11/12/2008 5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home