Sunday, February 26, 2006

Little Mermaid

When you are a water creature and you want legs to walk upon the land, you have to pay the price..., I'm glad they rewrote the end to that story ;)

I got back into playing mode.. we're not that much better, but I think I put it in a different perspective. I can sit down ad weep and be miserable or I can do my best and hope people pick up on it and try a little harder themselves, though I still have the urge to pick someone up and shake 'em hard and ask them to tell me why they are even here?? But well.. since I decided to care A LITTLE less, I've been playing a little better. It feels/looks more like me, let's put it that way!

It is funny how after playing I cam go hang out with Anna Pardo (number 8 on the spanish team and on USC) or go catch up with Natalie Golda (last week). Even Rachel (Riddell) managed to speak a whole centence to me today and she always looks like she is too good for this world (though I've heard she is really shy) So we get updated on all the ups and down's of waterpolo. Me and Ief were mentioned on waterpolo-world: "There will also be visible changes in the pool. Both teams will have new starting goalkeepers, as Italy's living legend Francesca Conti has retired, but she is remaining one of the staff members of the new "setterosa". On the Dutch side two-times World Championships starter Meike de Nooy was not nominated for the 2006 events due to her studies in the USA. Another USA student, top player Iefke van Belkum, will join the Dutch team later, but there will no comeback of former top scorer Daniëlle de Bruijn. Mauro Maugeri has nominated an interesting mixture of experienced Olympic gold medallists like Silvia Bosurgi, Tania Di Mario, Martina Miceli or Manuela Zanchi and very young, still less known faces, but the most spectacular change is the nomination of 2002 FINA World Cup winner and 2004 Olympian Erzsébet Valkay, a nationalised Hungarian top player. " Interesting. It will be strange not to be "the starting goalie" and "live"among those players that I've come to know so well...

Music: ABBA, The Winner Takes it All
Quote: "You can only really yell at the players you trust."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmz, sounds hard, to not be around those you've been with for such a long time.

Makes me wonder, do you actually *feel* at home anywhere? Or *is* home 'on the road', with different people every year?

- Dirk

2/27/2006 9:48 am  
Blogger Iris said...

heya pal!

just returned from a really long walk through volcano land! was great fun but really hard work and even more when you're trying not to get sun burnt because the sun here is incredibly strong!

I gather you've jsut been really busy....don't stress too much about answering all my emails....will keep the date on the 13th of May. will see you then! will have to celebrate our birthdays later then?

lots of hugs!
Iris

P.S. as fo Dirk's comment.....lol! Meike and I feel the same way...where exactly is home? I still don't know where to live when i get around this world!x

3/01/2006 4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if you're into this kind of music but Metallica's 'Wherever I may roam' should be both of yous motto. ;D

Anyway, I guess home *is* where the heart lies - so probably with your bestestest (;D) friends or something.

=)

3/01/2006 9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home