Saturday, April 15, 2006

Defence!!!

looks like I forgot to press publish: I was wondering why people kept asking me how the road trip was!!

My Word!
I am not even angry about it, just severely disappointed! We had a decent game against LMU, the best part was our being in conrtroll, partly due to Coralie calling a time out and telling us to play the clock. I think Mich would have been too stressed out by that time(he was sitting on the side because he got red carded at our last home game) so we actualy managed to play it out. I donlt think we ever were this much in controll.
USC was dramatic! They knew exactly where to get us: past the goalie onto the blokkers; that were not there... I was on a roll, but if everyone can make passes even when you think your players have them covered, there is little you can do. Some people don't seem to realise waterpolo is a team sport and that defence is as important, if not more, as offence. *zucht* (and no I'm not saying that I would have saved the day if the defense had been good, but the way I felt, it could have been a lot better! Well maybe I am saying that.. yeah!)

Hanging out over at someone's place today there was a guitar available. That gave me some sanity :)
Nice lyrics!:
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredicatble..

Okay anyway.. tomorrow two more games. we better put them away or I will be severly pissed off and unapproachable. I do still feel like I might lecture our team on it.. what about defence. But it might be a bit late for this season, maybe I can convince Mich for next semester... wish me luck ;)

Otherwise I really need to read.. (seems to become a common theme of my postings) sexual psychology :( so boring, I'm sure if I do that now, I will pass out.. maybe that is a good idea. Wait till Nikki goes to see her california freinds...

So for the update: I survived my psy exam, I think.. except the labeling of the male organs.. they were giving me some trouble.. Is that evolutionally determined too?!?! typical!
We won the last two games, not as easy as we should have but it wasnlt half bad. And now we are ranked 4th in the nation again?? hmm
Can't wait for summer, when I finally get to read my own books again, and I cannot wait for Iris to come over (am I repeating myself??)
We flew home easter sunday and I donlt think easter ever went by so unnoticed for me. That felt all wrong! I did get some studying done, and the night before went to see lucky number slevin with Mich and Jen after having dinner.. that was a surprisingly good movie, I had not expected that! Most people went to Disneyland but I just didn't have the energy, and as an after thought, probably not the knees for it.
So yeah.. I still belong to the land of the living!!

Music: Janis Ian, Bright lights and Promises
Quote: "Those who speak most of progress measure it by quantity and not by quality." - George Santayana

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any one can play offense, Defense is always the key!
Justin's easter bunny melted all over Oma's embroidered tablecloth on easter sunday, I guess summer's coming!( 20 today and tomorrow! WAHOO!)
Take care of your knees! Study hard!

C YA

Bart

4/20/2006 9:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"except the labeling of the male organs.."....

err....might wanna listen to monty python's 'penis song' ...that's where I learned (parts of my) english...

but then again.... I'm not sure if you mean the same as I do .....

so...
nevermind me ....

grtz from Denmark where it still looks and feels like friggin' winter
;)

Taak

4/20/2006 10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeej!!!

We hebben in de halve finale van ravijn gewonnnen 2x!!!!!! We zitten nu in de finale van de playoffs tegen donk!!! het was echt zooooo gaaf en het ging ook echt zooooooo goed:D:D:D ik mail je snel!!!

WHoehoe hihi xxx Ilse

4/24/2006 8:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home