Monday, March 27, 2006

Time Out & Dreams

So, that's it then: I strained a muscle, can barely walk, and definitely not play. Resulted in quite a chaos because our second goalie is injured too. She played surprisingly well though. However, seeing as she was going to try and get a medical redshirt year so she could play again next semester, and is having surgery in two weeks, this might have screwed up her chance for that because she is not allowed to play after the second half of the semester, which started, of course, yesterday. So we're not on speaking terms. Well I'm sorry I can't play, I'd like it to be different too. Tried talking to her but she apparently doesn't want to see me. Suit yourself. Blame it on me if it helps! I'm past caring.

Yesterday evening was quite surprisingly eventfull. Went to spend the evening over at Amy's enlgish teacher from last semester (where her parents are staying right now) At first I could have sworn I knew her, but later had to come to the conclusion that she talks and laughs exaclty like my best friends mom. Must have somthing to do with living in south Africa. (Yes Iris, I mean you mum!) She had the same warm kind of hospitality. Anyone and everyone is welcome. Talked a lot, loved books, loved to travel and had a lot of interesting things to tell. We had a wondefull evening. Also had a wondeffull dinner! mjam!

This morning was early, swimming for an hour and getting treatment for my injury. Now I'm in my room and I'm going to indulge in reading a book all day because I didn't go with the rest to north shore because walking hurts. I wonder what I'll be like when I'm thirty..! But the book should be good.. and maybe I'll take a nap. (it is spring break after all)

Speaking of sleeping: last night I had the strangest dream about trying to take the other way around a block of white rock that I was standing/floating next to. I had a choice of two dark cavelike halls but I reckoned going aorund the left side would be faster as no one else was taking that way. Also I knew it was caused by the Atlantic Ocean so it would lead me further than if I would go the other way around. Wanting to take thr route, I let og of the white stone and realised it was floating away fomr me. The I thought yeah well that makes sense because the world does follow an orbit around the sun, so I shold have guessed it was moving. However, I couldnlt hold it anymore, I moved around the sun slower (also makes sense because I'm smaller then the earth=less momentum) so after a few pointless swimstrokes to see if I could make it and grab onto the white rock. I gave up and saw the world slowly move away. Funny enough I dind't feel panicky about it though.

Music: more rain
Quote: "Injuriae Addis Contumeliam"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams rock. Followed closely by movies, they are the best way to experience new or extremely strong emotions. I wonder what that dream of yours 'meant' :D

As for the injury: damn, suckage. Too bad that other goalygirl doesn't want to talk to ya. Too bad for her that is. People can be so damn stubborn about such things. Oh well, some people like to live in their own small words and think everything revolves around them. Be sure to thank whatever god you pray to though, it's people like that that teach you about life, about how NOT to become. Love your 'enemies'. It's the best strategy there is ;D

3/28/2006 9:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the one who had some understanding of Latin in the family. Had to look it up to get the right meaning of it. Hope you will get well soon and forget about the insult. I still recommend to go see an acupuncturist as it did me worlds of good. Struggling with a sore throat as half of Holland does after temperature changed from 3 to 19 over three days and everybody (including me) thought it was summer. Worked the garden, potted up the dahlia's, sown some flowers.
Hey at your age you're supposed to be dreaming about flying not swimming! Well that was the coffeebreak. back to work

Hugs

Daddy

3/28/2006 11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote Hey at your age you're supposed to be dreaming about flying not swimming! quote

And about the pacific ocean...not the atlantic!...if there's anyone in the middle of it it's you ;)

But then again..makes more sense if you decide what you dream,
would take me far too much time ;)

3/28/2006 11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WISH I was thirty!!!! I would still feel GREAT!!!

Dreams like that.... take any good painkillers lately?

Can I have some???

Make me feel like thirty again!!

Bart

3/29/2006 7:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh but if you didn't know... you still say your thirty ....thirty one maybe ;-).....
although your quite tall for your age ;)...and so is your brother ;)

3/29/2006 8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home