Friday, April 27, 2007

I'll Race Ya!

Do you even realise how many things you can be better at then someone else? I realised that some days I feel like I make a little competition out of everything. Maybe that is called winning spirit, but sometimes it is really ennoying. I think my good friend Iris called me out on it the first time when I took a sprint up the metro stairs in Barcelona and I was like: "no I don't" and then realised I actually did. Well I grew out of it a little, but I still think it: who did better on that test, I got more clothes hung in a shorter time, I make better coffee, I made it out there faster even though I went by bike and someone else went by bus (although in Hawaii that is pretty easy) or, who blocked the most balls... and I guess the last one is a good one ;)

Which ever way, we are in Arizona playing MPSF finals.. had a good win with 22-8 yesterday and need to win today to make it to the NCAA's. So I definitely need to blaock mor balls then whomever is on the other side :) think the team came together a bit more this week.. we have had some rought games the last road trip but it also helps that we are not trying to play 5 games in different place in LA, but just play all the games in the same pool and that we do not have ot move every night.

Had an interesting practice today, tried a new 4-1 technique on the man down and I hve yet to learn to like it, but I guess my role is still"-blocking balls- so I'll try to not be discouraged by it. Sometimes I wish I could show people where to go because it seems so logical tome (from the goal) and seeing as that is my domain I know where to find it and how to keep it closed. Maybe I should have everybody train to become a goalie and then they might understand better...

Finally I'm having a grand time listening to Pandora, it comes up with a whole bunch of random music and its pretty darn good to have something new to listen to'. The internet in this hotel is pretty sweet so the music does not get interrupted and my roommate is usually up when i am so I can turn it on whenever.

Quote:"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is." -Chuck Reid
Music: Brandi Carlile, Throw It All Away (random pandora generation)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me the winning spirit endures. Ga zo voort en gij zult Spinazie eten, zei mijn grootvader vroeger. Well done, I presume that the NCAA participation is safe now. Try another surprise in the next match. Love you

Daddy

4/28/2007 8:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home