Friday, May 04, 2007

On Art

Set off by a random comment from someone and on looking at an art magazine and then well, just letting go...
Life is pretty wierd at the moment.. I have time, to waste, to hang out with people, to study instead of cram, to go to the beach and to be social and have time on my own as well...
The picture is with kind regards to Britt, who saved my life by bringing some oil pastels on our last plane trip and in the trend of the poetry slam tonight here is the poem that formed in the last couple of days:

A Process

I hide in a world
where flaws are style
and lightfall can be changed

where passion can be felt
through a gently tracing stroke
where reality can be feigned

a room with doors that close
windows that can see
life walking by observed



where you can hear
your thoughts at night
uncompromised and undisturbed

Occasionally I dare
two feet among many
a walk under the sun

where words and deeds
trace back their steps
a journey unbegun

where strangers lure you
into contests, staring down
action or mere thought

then I retreat onto the
coloured canvas where original sin
appraisal bought.

Quote: "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." -Lewis Carroll
Music: Gavin DeGraw, I don't want to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home