Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Little Dusty

So after being totally blow away in the first quarter by a much faster paced Stanford and after we were just getting a little more controll over the game some really big clouds started pulling overhead. My first reaction was: Good, get that glare off the water and the sun outta my face (it was 41C out that day). My second reaction was: okay this looks like we might have to stop for a big rainstorm and some good thunder and lightning. But then, a couple of minutes later I got confused because though I still knew it was a storm, it didn’t feel like it was goign to rain at all. Not much later my feeling was sorted out because the game was stopped and we were all made ot go inside for an approaching dust storm!
I thought that after so many years of water polo I had it all, but stopping for a dust storm?! It was really hot and stuffy and all the asthmatic people already had some trouble breathing… We sat it out for half an hour and then got back in while the air was still burning our longs and stinging our eyes and while the dust and leaves and other randomness still floated on the pool surface. Okay we lost, but we played okay in the last quarter. It didn’t really matter.. if we want to beat them we need to do it at the NCAA’s so we didn’t play any special techniques and just tried to get used to them. The point is, we are going to have a chance to play them at the NCAA’s because we beat SDSU yesterday!

P.S.: The sky was pretty darn amazing after the storm, but I doubt anyone got a chance to look and I probably shouldn't have been looking either!

Quote: "We are as good as I think we are" -Amy Logan
Music: Shawn Mullins, Lullaby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home