Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Need to Share

This is only one thing from a list of things that my housemate behind me is reading about
and it is simply infuriating. This book was written before Bush was elected (it is a miracle this can be published in America) and this is only one in a list of many but I just needed to share:
Bush stated in a speech in a childrens hospital: "I am touched by the kids and the nurses and the docs all of whom are working to save lives and will make sure the health care systems are funded." (visiting Egleston Childrens hospital in Atlanta March 2001)
Bush's first budget proposed cutting funds to Childrens Hospitals like Egleston by 15% 03 34million USD and his 2004 budget proposed cutting another 30% (86million) from grants to childrens hospitals.
Another little interesting fact I learned today is that red ants are associated with the Nazis. When they fight with balck ants they capture their eggs so they can hatch them and, as ants recognise the first ants they see upon being born as their "goup", they become their slaves and work for them...
We (my housemate and I) decided that American laws are contradicting (like you didnlt already know): We are here on a scolarship, taking their money, not contributing in any way to their world, not allowed to work off campus (you might as well make use of us while we are here??), holding bck their younger upcoming athletes.
What else? well I thought about it.. now I'm going back to selling my furniture on craigs-list and having some more cookies with my tea... see if the world cares...
how backwards.

Music: The General, Dispatch
Quote: "Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages. -H. L. Mencke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home