Monday, June 04, 2007

Old Glove

Back to practice... really there is little difference except that the team has grown up and I guess so have I. And of course there are the typical things that really never change in a womans waterpolo team. Most notable thing is that two of the girls, well you know.. they are 35 now haha, but they became mothers recently. these two are pretty much people that I suspected least to see as mums last I saw them on the National team. One has quit and is indeed having an interesting experience being a mum. the other one ran off to Italy, found a man, or well I should say he found her, she left us for a year and now has a little kid. It hilarious to have seen them single, on the man hunt, talking dirty in the dressing room complaining about muscle aches not from doing weights, and now exchanging comments on diapers and rashes and cooing over each others kids!
Then there is the typical "life is against me, I'm special and cannot do what the rest does, and it really all sucks and kills me kinda person.. still the same... there is a bunch of very comitted people, those that get injured, take two years to recover and still go head forst into the sport and live it with passion, the odd ones dangling at the bottom of the team who sometimes get to go, usually expecting it or not expecting it and getting thrown through the emotional rollercoaster, there are those that think they are way better then they are, those that never believe they will be great (yet they are playing on their national team) and those that lead the team without really knowing it. Of course there is the bitching but it has gooten a lot less... Like I said we grew up a bit. Typical how people always think they're grown up but then find there is a lot more growing up to be done!
Finally I must say it is really good to be back on this team it is really nice to have 15 people shooting at you that all make you work and that can all challenge you in different ways. I guess you can never compare any clubteam to a national team, but I think I finally understand that whan some people quit they quit the sport alltogether.. it just feels so awesome to play at this level again, and well, I must admit, it feels sore too!
Right now I'm sitting outside, behind a cabin in the woods where the pool is. I'm sure I'll be complaining of lack of time for art again soon, but for now I'm looking forward to practice and to going to Russia...

Music: Astair, Matt Costa
Quote: "Normal- those people that you see walking down the street and donlt know."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger One other dream said...

Well I feel kinda schizophrenic when writing my graduation thesis I feel all these things you describe for all those people as well. (well except the mum parts I guess...)
Is that growing up? Or am I just losing it ;)

6/17/2007 11:53 pm  
Blogger Nooy said...

hehe you're losing it :)
feel better now?
good thing I'm not qualified ot make those judgements yet :p

6/19/2007 11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home