Monday, May 14, 2007

Rhine Stones


Exams are over… everybody is packing to leave or has left, houses are getting empty, campus quiet and bars louder.

Today I got treated to something special by our second goalie as a thank you for this year and as a birthday present. So we went to lunch which was really good (we were both rather hungry and seeing as it was mothers and graduation day the traffic and the line at the restaurant gave us enough of a wait to be ready to eat plenty.
Next we drove somewhere in China town, and lo and behold, we got out at a pedicure place. The first pedicure in my life!!! It was really cool.. I’m still looking at my feet and wondering if they belong to me.. dark red nails with white flowers and rhinestones. She does this quite regularly and must have had a good time watching me lean over and looking at all that was going on. Pedicure semi/foot massage… sooo nice! Wonder how long it will last. So that was pretty special. Hung out at her “new” apartment for a while which is pretty darn amazing! It has a view over the beach and you can look slightly into the diamond head crater. I mean I can’t complain, but this was pretty sweet!
Then upon coming home I sat around for a while until Amy and Emily walked in and got inspired by my toes to do their nails. While they were at it Amy gave me a French manicure.. so that was another first. I feel really unlike me right now.. had a little vision of me trying to paint with my nails all pretty or running around a grass garden and losing a rhinestone. It really is not very much my style but it feels very ladylike!
Music: Running, Evermore
Quote:"The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet." -Lao-Tzu

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think anybody had ever such dazzling nails (in our family, that is). Enjoy your last days in Hawaii for a while, I am sweating it out (literally) in Burkina Faso at the spot where we usually went on sundays with the Berding family.

Hugz

Daddy

5/14/2007 2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home