Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quand je Marche



Computer: R.I.P.: died in it's sleep... never started again when I prodded it in the morning...Moped: down and outBicycle: still parked where I left it one and a half years agoLegs: only a little sore from capoeira (again) but very good for walking.I walked to school the last three days in a row, takes about 35 minutes and it makes me contemplative. You have been warned!
*

"Entends-tu", m'as-tu dit,"le chant du monde?", alors depuisquand l'aube se lève, je la suiset quand la nuit tombeje tombe aussi-Camille, excerpt from the song "Quand je Marche"Such a beautiful language, I'm in love. I think I need to court it a little more, but for now I'm only listening and trying to understand.
*
I moved to my new place! Pictures for those who are keen to see, I will edit this post as soon as I find a way to function without my laptop (and I promise my room will not always be this tidy). Everyone is welcome! This means: come by unexpected, we have a lanai: a good place for talking or just contemplating and looking down into Manoa valley (or doing art), two crazy house mates/friends -but always good fun, the hills behind us, dinner if you want, three guitars in the house, the best breeze in Manoa, a garden, tea, cookies.. hmm maybe I should start charging!I shall attempt a house warming party after everyone returns from Christmas break!




Music: CamilleQuote: "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." -Steven Wright

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/22/2008 12:58 am  
Blogger Iris said...

ah man! i so wanna come! and i will! next year some time! we're going to have to sort out some best time for me to come and visit and go WOOFFing on one of the islands:-)
in the lab...last day and then off to England after a not so touristy stay in San Francsico/Berkeley. Man i'm tired!
how did the finals go? you flying to Canada, today? tomorrow?
miss ya
x

12/23/2008 3:42 am  
Blogger Iris said...

aww man! just typed a whole nice message and it's lost out in cyber space:-(
wanna come and visit! really really do! what an amazing place! how the hell did you find it? i will come next year sometime so we can go WWOOFing together:-) and chill...
off back to engladn tomorrow after 2 weeks in the lab, short course and conference in San Francisco/Berkeley. haven't been out much...mainly been staying up for 24 hr shifts and sleeping for 3 to 4 hours a time...i'm jsut about brain dead!
so you flying to canada today? tomorrow? how did your finals go? have a wicked time in Canada and it's a shame we miss each other....just!
hope all is well and have a merry christmas and a very happy and prosperous new year!x

12/23/2008 3:47 am  
Blogger Iris said...

p.s. do you have a land line i cna reach you on? then perhaps i can call you?
x

12/23/2008 4:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home