Friday, October 14, 2005

Little Victories

So, I have some updating to do:

This morning we did a circus.. yes you read it right and it has nothing to do with acrobatics ;) We do this on a regular basis and has originated from our French Canadian coach who refuses to learn English, or just can't pronounce the word circuit.. (Mich you make me smile, even early in the morning) :p So that is what we did. It looks somewhat like a circus because we set up all these stations and we switch every so many seconds and it is a mess, but fun.
According to Mich (Michel Roy is our coach and we call him Mich) we also need to do "alf" a fake (to get the goalie (me) to jump) and then Pa-pow! (which is the synonym for shooting). After doing dryland it rained for a bit and we had the most beautifull rainbow: a perfect bow, as if it was a bridge over the pool. You guys ought to come check it out sometime!

Yesterday I had a little celebration when I found that I got some money back from paying for two tickets for waterpolo last semester! I really needed some money as they messed up something at the student athlete office which caused me to have no income since I got here.. well let me tell you, money disappears rather quickly here as the cost of living is not exactly cheap! And I wanted to apply for a job because they had an opening at the ArtHall, which means supervising and letting people in, sitting at a desk and .. doing homework?, and being up to date with all the cool art they show! But for somer reason I wasn't allowed to do get that job because of some sort of rule, I'll have to llok in to that, won;t have time to work next semester but after that...?
Neway, now that I have money I can go and buy a light for my bicycle.
I bought a way to expensive liter of fresh orange juice at the health store to celebrate! Hmmmm I love spoiling myself!
And; a phone card! So be ready, I'm phoning you all!
Make sure you're home... INGE! :p
I had a great talk with my grandpa which made me go to bed with a smile and talked to Iris the other day which was totally awesome as well! She has decided to try the blog thing as well instead of her mass mails, so I'll have to add her blogsite to my links! go check it out! she's starting her world trip on Saturday.

The Athlete Center here has though up a point system which gives a team points when they do something like supporting another sport together, some social activityor if we get a good GPA (collective grade average). Very nice! Of course this is a competition between all athletic teams and we have to do a lot! So apart from hanging out at the pool every day we get to be each others social life all day!
Okay that might be a bit over the top, but I'm not sure I like it. I'love going to a basketball, or volleyball game once or twice, but when I feel like it, not because this is a team event and we all have to show up to get our points. Maybe I just donlt like rules... we'll see...

Had some intresting lectures this week. Opened my eyes somewhat in Psychology to hear all my minds suspicions put into words.. Didn't know my brain made so much sense (Smiles at daddy who is prolly laughing, right?) Just took my Anthro clas off, because he was reviewing the exam but we don't have it back yet so how am I supposed to see what he wanted?! the lecture hall was basically empty, I mean, what does it take to realise that you are a worthless lecturer? He can't even get an 8th of the class to come in!

Okay, anough of that, I have stuff ot do and a lab to prepare (I am actually doing things!), gotto go buy some things and art supplies and when I'm done with that I'm back to actually doing art because I just started something for myself and I'm really excited. Hope I have enought time to finish it before I lose intrest!

Will leave you with a piece of poetry which I found rather impressive. It's on a blog where I know someone and don't know most someones LOL, go see if you like this (link at the bottom), they are a rather creative bunch! However, it is all in Dutch, sorry for those of you who can't read it :)

Sunday, October 09, 2005
het ongemak van onvermogen

in sociale cirkels als deze
ben ik
een sociaal vierkant.

hulpeloosheid heeft de smoel
en de trekjes
en de textuur
van asociale zweetkringen,
bewegingen de branie
en de belofte
en de soundbites
van ongastvrije scharnieren.

wie mij ooit zag,
keek een kreeft in de ogen:

rood liep hij aan en vertrok hij.

by: Karel

Visit their blogspot!: Miserable Now

Music for the Day: Placebo, The Bitter End

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading this =)

(Just thought I'd let you know that =P)

10/14/2005 10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home