Saturday, October 08, 2005

Reciprocal Altruism and Salvation of the Spirit

The result of a very interesting psychology lecture on altruism, reciprocal altruism and friends:
"I am your friend because you have something to offer me,
something bigger than anything material you could ever give.
You challenge me, you teach me, you have qualities that I admire
and so I can - and always will - look up to you."

And now apply that to all your firends and find out that it is actually true!
:) Yes, I mean all of ya!

And a random addition:

I'm really good,
at telling folks
the way life should be lead
And am sure that I
am right on track
having the things that could be had

To show the way
is one thing though
to lead is quite another
and giving can sometimes
be so much easier
than recieving that what matters

Caring is not so much
the hardest part
of loving and of trusting
it is stepping in wholeheartedly
without a doubt and conciously
giving out your heart

So let me guide me
learn to listen
to what I know I have to say
let me lead undoubtedly
the way across all boundaries
to friendship and delight.


Music for the Day: Camille, Ta Douleur

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meike
How nice to know you are blogging too. I can keep in touch even though you're not here.
Check out Daniel's blog too which is at cheesemongersanonymous (if you google it) and one of these days I might even start my own!
Stay happy and lots of love
Lindsay
PS send me your smail mail adress and I'll send you somehting nice

10/25/2005 11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home