Sunday, June 25, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Sorry for abandoning all my faithfull readers, home was a little hectic! But a good kind of hectic!

The day after I arrived home I decided to be organised and write things in my agenda and sort out my mail. On doing that I checked whether Kezia, who I would be going to Paris with in July, had supplied me with a flight number so I could write that down too. Good thing I did because while checking on that I found she flew in in June and not July. Yikes! Change of plans. I had about two days to get myself into gear to go to Paris! (Doesn't my life suck? ;) haha)

So on the 10th I picked up Kezia form the airport after visiting my grandparaents who I hadn't seen in a really long time, and whom I'm glad to say are still up and running (just not running as fast as they'd like to be, but reallY!).
Kezia walked into the airport with abag just about her size and it reminded me of the first year of highschool where we always made fun of THAT BAG running of with the kid!
It was so good to see her though!!
We went to my house for the first night so I got to show her our house and it was really strange to have someone from Hawaii with me on the other side of the world! Makes me want to visit her and Amy and everyone elses homes too! So interesting! We walked out to the Rhine and enjoyed the amazing weather that had decided to visit our country. We drove out to make sure she saw the neccesary windmill (because you cannot pass though our country and not see one) had dinner, talked, talked... Slept.
Then we went to Paris at 9 the next morning but as HAwaii time prescribes we did pretty well leaving at 9:30 or so. It was quite a long ride as Kezia doesn't know how to drive stick! (Kezia I'll teach you next time! and Amy do you know how because we plan to take you with us!!) but it was good fun and great to drive her somewhere instead of the other way around. (In Hawaii she ends up to be the one driving as she is one of the few with a car and she is too nice to say no).
Paris was great! Wasn't there long enough, but that means I get to go back sometime?? Kezia and I walked around Paris by day and visited all the big attractions, the Sacre Couer, the Louvre, the Notre Dame and of course the Eiffel. The last by night with the guys.. or well, with Cyril and Cycy. Vincent came to meet us downstairs with his girlfriend Fang. It was really good to see them all again and really strange to see them in their "natural" setting instead of in HAwai'i at the beach! Haha they were Frenchmen after all. LOL.
I struggled through a whole couple of sentences in French while we were out there and was surprised that all those words were still in my head somewhere. They must have tought me something after all! *grins* It really does make a difference in France when you are attempting French.. and maybe the fact that we were both blonde and pretty?? (the last I derive form the fact that we got called that severla times a day, you didnlt think I was that vein did you?) helped us too...
I can tell you it got us to the top of the Eiffel for free, and got us discount on the metro passes and I got a free Keychain.
We went to diner a couple of times and Yanncik decided t pay us the honour of his companionship a couple of times too! Tibault never showed :( maybe he was afraid we'd make him speak english again.

On Kezia's last night (she went home anight before I did) we got taken on a surprise boat tour and we got to see Paris by night from the River.. uhhhm the Seine. (Please let me be right!) It was quite amazing, the company as wel as the view ;)

When I came home my dad was home too! (Just flown in from Mali) :D Parents really don't change much.. they only grow a little older.
I got myself a job as.. lo and behold.. a scarecrow! 5 -10 am: sit on a field and make sure there are no pigeons that eat the test companies different varieties of colliflower. Not bad at all.. I managed to read a whole book already: The Birth of Venus which was quite interesting and which had been calling out to me since I got it for Christmas! Thanks Bart, Megan!
I managed to do a decent journal update and, well.. I scared a couple of pigeons. You won't be surprised that by day 4 I indeed looked a little like scarecrow.. windswept hair, slightly tired and, haha packed in layers of clothes! Brrrrr

I also managed to do some art since I got home! two pieces on my ArtAttack page. Of which I cannot get the link ot work so.. One I started in Hawai'i but never had the peace of mind to finish and the other one is a watercolour sketch from my journal. LEAVE COMMENTS!!!

Yesterday I went berrypicking with my Dad and later my brother joined as well. We picked two big buckets full of black currants and red ones. Yum! Took a lot of ants and lice with them but it felt very much like being home. "So.. show me the berries?!"
"Uhhhmmmm.. we, we..... we ate them! :)"But we got dinner anyway! Pfew..

Quote: "Home is not where you live, but where they understand you."
Music: Ma Liberté, Georges Moustaki

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

hey!!!!!!

je leeft nog! lol! Wat leuk weer....Parijs...laatst was ik daar voor hmmmmm 48 uur? nauwelijks geslapen, koud maar ik ben er wel gratis vanuit engeland gekomen! LIFTEN!!!! lol! ik ben nu al ruim 2 weken in Chile en geniet heeeeeeel veeeeeeeeel!

Morgen moet ik vroeg op om naar een Geyser de gaan (iets van 4500m boven op een berg in de Andes).....spannened!

groetjes en kusjes,
Iris

6/30/2006 4:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you had a good time with us :D

8/03/2006 11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home