Tuesday, May 16, 2006

NCAA’s

There is several things I can say about water polo games but I think I’ve said them all. I’ve ranted about defense and I can do some more of that, I can talk to you about tea play and I can tell you about team spirit, I can go on and on about all the things that I think didn’t work but I think it is time to lighten up. It is summer after all…
We had a couple of great games this semester and, individually, some players have made incredible steps and I think we should be proud of that. I also think we have the best support from the bench although UCLA would be the next runner up for that. We are looking more and more like I team, I wish we could keep more players together. But I suppose that a team built up of players from all over the world is very much like an international school: You get accepted easily and people are comfortable with each others quirks but, people also leave again and you never really know how long they will stay.
On a lighter note, water polo is a great opportunity to get drunk real fast! Play a tournament, have some hard games in a row and play the final in the blazing sun. Skip lunch (it was during game time) and watch the 1st and 2nd place final, also in the heat. Then go for a small dinner and make sure you don’t nap in between. Then go fill a bathtub full of ice, go by the 7/11 and get whatever you like... I promise, one glass will do it.. but two will do it double good ;), great night! Good thing I’m a morning person, it makes it even better to see people attempting to pack and stumble through the hall. We left at 6:30. (I’ll have to add some pictures later)
Am now sitting on the plain home, Hawai’i home, I’ll be home the 5th of June and the I’l be around for a while with only a short intermission to Paris. Right now I’m going to celebrate holidays on the beach, maybe visit the Big island and visit the volcano, hang out on the beach, swim with the turtles, celebrate Iris and my birthday, see some friends that are around for summer school and have a jolly good time!
Anyone that wants to bring me something home from Hawaii let me know, it can let be very heavy because they changed the maximum weight you are allowed to travel with. I’m not sure when this will be up because I donlt know how much internet acces I will be having seeing as I’m living in the team room at the pool for now and then, well, wherever the tide will take me!
Laterz!
Hugz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh...
can you bring me some....
eehm...let's see.... sandy beaches....couple palm trees....some of that really clear blue water as in the movies... ohyeah...don't forget the hawaian hula girls ....we could do with some sunshine...i guess...
and ehm.... I'll bring some beers :)

5/26/2006 12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home