Saturday, May 06, 2006

Poetry

For old time sakes..
I was browsing blogs (or following links from friends) and ran into this poetry blog which I really enjoyed for the wit and style (it rhymes and makes sense!): A Matter of Muse
I just remembered how much fun it is to write poetry, so I will add that to my list (or start writing after I publish this) and for now leave you with this one, which is rather old but makes me smile when I read it. (Turning 18 seems an awefully long time ago).

Grown ups Land

At the doorway to understanding
I hesitate
The world I’ll enter is demanding
But I just want to investigate

On the threshold of responsibility
I falter
My life will change inevitably
And I don’t want to alter

One step in, doorknob in hand
I fret
This is what they call “grown ups land”
And I don’t want to go there yet!

I still want to illustrate this... I have a sketch... (that sounds like: I have a dream... )

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love Kate's 'musing' blog - glad you found it.
Also really liked your 'coming of age' poem - seems at that age we really can write from the heart.

5/07/2006 11:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend on mine said on growing up:
Well until this point up I have just learned when you grow up, you go and have a disease, you die, but before that you have to get a job...
Thought that was rather cynical but on second hand quite accurate.
Keep on studying as long as you can :D

5/16/2006 10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home