Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ta!

Here's me showing off my latest. Kind of happy with how it turned out, it gave me a whole many more ideas but they'll have to wait as I'm off to Madrid for the Europe Cup and then of to L.A. for the Holiday Cup and then I think it is about christmas time :) I might have some time again around then but seeing as there are a whole bunch of people coming I doubt it! I might make them sit down and draw with me! - you all be warned!
Then the other morning I got woken up by a phone call from AMY!!!!! YAY! But it just doesn't cease to amaze me that I can talk on my cellphone with a laptop in Hawai'i! I mean, I remeber the days when my dad was off somewhere in India and we would try to have a conversation between two landlines with and echo that made you wonder to what sentence the other person was replying as it took about 5 seconds to transfer the sound! We came such a long way!

I was wondering what else, but ranting about all these cups I forgot to mention we won the Cup for the netherlands yesterday!!! I really didnlt expect we would, and we played such a lousy game at that! The semi finals the day before were way better! But oh well, I guess it doesn't matter how you win right! Celebration time!

Uhmmm to make matters interesting, there is a video of some high-lights of the final here under waterpolo, link to the right. And an article on me here both in Dutch!!! haha! but just in case you felt like having a look!

C'est tout! I am now going to attempt cleaning up my room so I can leave in an organised fashion tomorrow morning! Ta!

Music: KT Tunstall, Under the Weather
Quote: "Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I'm doing." -Phil Jackson

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the shots and read the article. Life seems happier today than yesterday.....
Daddy

11/26/2007 1:58 pm  
Blogger DvB said...

Hey, nice artwork there :o

Amazing colors!

11/26/2007 4:57 pm  
Blogger Jon said...

This one is great Meike. You are so clever with how you morphed her hair into the bird.

So with all of this traveling you are going to do, are we going to get to hang out when I get there?

11/26/2007 9:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!! safe travels

11/26/2007 11:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Meike! Thank you very much for visiting a1-fan-fun and leaving a comment there. It was my pleasure to feature your art on my blog. :-)

11/30/2007 1:04 am  
Blogger intrepiddream said...

hi meike!
gooooooooooooooooooood luck at the hooooooooliday cuuuup!!
will def have some painting sessions with you. do you want us to bring you over anything in particular from oahu? -maxie.
kelly adds "life is dandy". and "i like to paint".

12/05/2007 8:59 am  
Blogger Jon said...

IM HERE AND WE'RE GOING TO HANG OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!

12/12/2007 11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home