Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dad

I was a kid, you were my dad
I didn't always understand
I wanted freedom, you got mad
You were concerned, I got upset
I didn't recognize you yet

And did you cry, I know I did
When I lied to you
I didn't want to hurt you
I just never knew I did

You never told me that you loved me
I know you didn't know how
I guess that shows we're much the same
'Cause I love you too and until now
I've never said those words out loud
I hope you're proud
To be my dad...

What are your secrets, do you pray
Is there a god that shows your way
I wish I knew...
Do you have crazy fantasies
What happens in your dreams
I want to know...

I guess you'll always be a mystery to me
But you taught me how to value life
And what else do I need
I have a dad who watches over me

Because it is a beatifull song and because it sounds great on the guitar and maybe because I miss home a little. (just a little) And because I love ya dad!

Think I'll read one more chapter of Psychology and then pass out. Sleep can be so rewarding and tomorrow has some fun stuff in store. All I need is the weather to clear up. I don't want to blame Murphy if our plans fall apart. Hope everyone is alive and kicking, also the ones who I havn't spoken to in while. SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A STRANGER! I'll better my life!

In november we'll be back to the usual 20 hours practice a week so I'll probably be online more to pretend to have a social life :) But I'm looking forward to scrimaging and using decent balls all the time!

Also a quote from my coach that I found does not only work for shots that might need to be taken: "WHY NOT?!" the usual answer to that would be: Meike can reach there or, she knows I'm going to shoot, or she is all over the place, well guess what, that doesn't count for me :)
So watch out life! Here I come!

Last but not least: Dinner was great this weekend! I was so ready for decent food instead of eating in the caf, and I had a great time too! I solve my issues with the dining services which came down to me upgrading my mealplan and paying a lot more :S but at least I get to stay in my dorm. Pfew!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beetje laat...maar beter laat dan nooit...sure I'll come over to play Counting Crows :P ....and you're right we really should go rob a bank together :P wonder what our parents will say ;) 'dad' is also great on piano :D ...I'm gonna try :D I know...I'm crazy...we're family...remember ;)

10/24/2005 10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home