Tuesday, October 25, 2005

...dip dip and swing!

My paddles clean and bright,
flashing with silver
follow the wild goose flight
dip dip and swing!

So Saturday was a busy day, sunday was worse. In a really good way!
Amy and me got to sleep in till about 8 because Kezia would pick us up at 9. Fate had it that we are used to getting up early so we were both pretty much awake and alert at 6:30!!! I went to get some bread and things for on the road, we made breakfast and lunch and then head off.

On arrive au 1617 Kapiolani a neuf heure et demi. Nous "crashed?" la chambre de Jeremie pour le persuader de venir avec nous. La derniere nuit n'est pas la meilleure pour lui et il est un peu "pansy?". Apres avoir attendu echo 1 heure et demi on y va. Jeremie aussi! :)

When we got to the Kayaking place we were not allowed to go to one of the islands because the weather was too rough. They even asked us to go see what the waves were like before we went, but I think most of us were more excited by the prospect of a little roughness than afraid. Maybe I should speak for myself. Kayaking in the sea is rather different than in a river and the currents act strangely on your boat, but after a little affort to start with we got the hang of it.

Pour aller a "flat island" je partage le kayak avec Aurelien. Nous decidons de surfer sur une vague. (This sounded wrong but got fixed!) C'est un idee tres bien et quand tout les monde.. okay that's it... I'll go break my head over something more usefull now :) when everyone caught up we spend quite a happy while catching waves! wheee! After landing on flat island we had lunch and sat around. I thought the island would be a lot bigger (and further away) aspecially as they said it was a bird reserve.
We did see the indigenous birds though and we had a great time hangin' out, swimming, eating, inspecting the rocks and potholes, (swimming through them). Had a good laugh about Yannicks dance. I wanna see that again on Saturday. It's either that or singing along with the guitar Yannick!
Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
On the way back we swithed partners and I had the most amazing time with Cycy (little cyril) we caught some serious waves, lounched ourselfves over and through some boats (sorry folks) and then had the hardest time getting back in the kayak as we had to laugh so much. On the beach we ended up doing some dancing. I reckon the locals must have thought of us as a bunch of idiotic tourists, but somehow I coudn't care less. +I don't believe locals exsist in Hawai'i (it's all interbread (no offense to anyone)) LOL

After all the excitement I diligently went back to my dorm to do some studying. We were invited for crepes later that evening and I could have bridged these hours with some acrobatics on the beach, it's not like they weren't trying really hard to convince me :))

I actually got some studying done (I have been restless and unconcentrated this week and studying just didn't happen.. I did hold my book and looked at it though :)) I was even too zoned out to concider getting nervous over not having studied half the material!)

So we went up Kapiolani street and for the second time that day were welcomed. This time we entered a very tidy room! Whoa guys! (We were supposedly a good incentive to clean up!) We had some really yum crepes (I realize it needs a roof over the e but my computer is being a pain in the a***!) too bad we had to use American cheeze, but the chocolate and banana ones were totally awesome!
Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
After that I played my guitar somewhat (I had been asked to do so and had promised before and going by car this time I had no excuse that I couldn't take it on the bicycle, so this was the time! And they actually enjoyed it, LOL! still need to get them all singing though.
Next on the playlist: jeux interdits... (and Saez, Montée la-haut which is getting me pretty frustrated at the moment (patience is a virtue!))

Which now I can go practice as I just finshed that bloody midterm! YES!
Thanks for an awesome weekend guys! (and go easy on my French!)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy yo hear that you got a good time :D.
BTW, my appologise to all the peoples we've crushed with our Kayake :s
And also, I've to say that I'm not so little ... It's just the other Cyril that is too big !!

Cyril (right size one :)

XXOX

10/26/2005 2:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Happy To hear :p )

Forget to say that your french is really good, it's almost comprehensible :D

Just kidding, you're doing well !

10/26/2005 2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all had a very great time indeed; and the guitar just finished us off...
Blowing mind day :D.
About the French... Well, hum... maybe we should have worked a little bit harder...??? :p
Still, Bravo for your attempt; we get the meaning that`s all that matters :)

Btw, Cyril is Little...I am just American Sized O_o !!! :p

10/26/2005 3:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eheh nice french. This is a quick rectification :

On arrive au 1617 Kapiolani a neuf heure et demi. Nous "crashed?" la chambre de Jeremie pour le persuader de venir avec nous. La derniere nuit n'est pas la meilleure pour lui et il est un peu "pansy?". Apres avoir attendu echo 1 heure et demi on y va. Jeremie aussi! :)


Pour aller a "flat island" je partage le kayak avec Aurelien. Nous decidons de surfer sur une vague.

10/26/2005 3:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I have to say that your french is cool, I wich I could speak it too!

But that said you shoudn't expect to see my dance anymore, I've decided to kill it, so I guess I will have to sing along with the guitar.....
Otherwise it was a really cool day and it make us (at least me , Cycy told me he was tired of you) regret to leave.

See you soon.

YaP - part-time ruler of the world.

10/26/2005 3:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok forget about Vincent, he is young, and someday, somehow he will learn to make proper sentences. :)

10/26/2005 4:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very good day! Take some wave with kayak was very fun.
So, one more feets and i was dead.
Thanks to my 2 teams (Amy and Kezia).

Your french was very good and i don't know why vincent did a 'quick rectification'. Just maybe put verb in past. :-D

BiZeS, see you soon!

10/26/2005 4:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say you that i have 2 clothes from you.

10/26/2005 4:48 am  
Blogger Nick said...

BAHAHAHA, Pansy.

10/26/2005 5:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arnaud ....
What have you done to have her clothes :)


Sry for the joke ... :D

10/26/2005 7:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you knew....

10/26/2005 10:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home