Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Coming Home :)

So, there are many good things about going home except that you have to leave people behind. But no matter where you travel, the fact is that if you travel you have to say goodbye sometimes.
So, get home safe and untill we meet again!

Halloween was crazy! I've seen the most amazing , the most revealing and original constumes and now I'm inspired for next year, for sure!
There were two that really Wowed me! 1. a guy that made a cape of all these stuffed animals, almost like a hermin coat, and he had a cross to bear, with even more stuffed animals. It was just really impressive, and I would totally want to do something like that except for that when I think of all my animals on my shelf at home I know I would never be able to cut them apart and stitch em together. :)
The other one was not so outspoken, it was almos like a spirit. He? was dressed in flimsy material and black cloth with little strands hanging loose and wore a sort of hood. face painted white and black around the eyes and he was crouching most of the time. Somehow it was very expressionate. Maybe I just have a flair for the dramatic...

The preposterousness of some costumes made me smile and realise that Halloween is not so much for celebration of the harvest and an honoring of dead ancestors and Samhain, the lord of the dead anymore but more so a celebration of the spirit. A revelation of true selves and secret wishes. The action hero's running around, a stray Donatello, or Michealangelo (I can't remember but it was the purple one!) the bikers, the surfers and others with an outspoken image, girls in skimpy outfits, (weather capable of pulling it off or not was not a question), for once being able to do so without being thought less off, and fairies and ballerina's. Why not give in to being what you always wanted to be!

So today is election day? I didn't have Anthro class, which I forgot about so that was a nice surprise. But election day? Why is there nothing happening here? why don't I hear anyone about it. Better go find some newsreports... turns out they put some new rule through about abortion and we had some demonstartions on campus, but nothing major...

And finally (yes I'm excited): Studio Sport (the main sports channel back home) is going to broadcast the playoffs for waterpolo live! YES! Even though that is only one month a year, at least it will be at a time when people can watch!
+ A little piece of wisdom which I re-aquired and would like to share:
Don't just change your mind, change your heart!
The mind has the power to create, the heart the determination to succeed!
Music for the Day: Razorlight, Up all Night

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, all I've to said is that Goodbys sux -_-

But I'd rather said Goodbye to you, than not have the chance to say HI ...

So thx you for all those memories

11/03/2005 7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home