Monday, July 31, 2006

Transsexual Pickles

So for the record: I'm done chasing wild geese, I mean, pigeons.. They decided that there were too little of them to pay someone for keeping them away. Too bad, I really enjoyed all that readiThat evening someone called from the restaurant I had applied at if I wanted to start working tonight, an hour before my emplyment agency called to say they had another job for me.
So now I can work weekends (5-10 or so) which is really the most fun, in a little Italian restaurant where I am the tallest of the staff of four men :D Where they have the best Italian espresso and where it is truely a joy to run around.
On weekdays I get to put my Psych education to the test because I have to deal with transsexual pickles. Are you laughing? I figured..
Sure laugh! I'm serious though, these plants are either male, female or both and some individual flowers can't decide on their sex either. It's a really sexist job really.. I have to sort out the most beautiful flowers (male and female) and stick em together. Another random fact?? Well every female gets two males LOL.. I mean seriously, can you imagine the jokes flying around?
And then lo and behold.. the farmers that I kept running into on the field and occasionally drinking coffee with when I was scare crow spent the rest of the time in the greenhouse next to the one I work at. So I get to drink my coffe with them yet again. (Immediately they tried to hook me up with one of the younger guys (Well my age but younger in their group and which they had been doing the last couple of weeks as well) who is a little shy, sorta Q'te really, but they told him here was his second chance :)
These people are so much fun to hang out with! Very random people, but most very Dutch ans 80% of those very "Wagenings" (which is the pace that confirms the sterotype Americans have of Dutch people: people that wear woolen socks and comfy clothes and live of the land and eat health food etc etc... there are even a couple that wear clogs ;))
So yeah, it is looking good, I can make some decent money which I can use on my apartment this year in Hawai'i! And I'm sure I'll have enough to spend some of it on some cooking stuff and such! Can't wait! Amy we better find a house soon!

Oh, and speaking of jobs, I know where I want to go, for an internship or for a real job, I'll have to see that when I get there, but this looks soo much like something I would love to do! YAY! it makes me wanna go study hard! (how scary is that!) Warchild

Music: Splintertime, The Wreckers
Quote: "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home