Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Penny for your Thoughts

Of course I have been reading, and of course my mind set off on what I was reading. Really it is only a childrens book, but one that mesmerized me when I was younger and well, it did it again.. why? well it really goes into telepathy and communictation between people. So I can't help but wonder what that really is.
I used to believe that it was merely the understanding what someone close to you was about to do or think because you understood the circumstances and them so well. Now I wonder. I mean how often do you call someone, to pick up the phone before it ever rung and have them on the other side? How often do you finish someone's sentences almost before they started? How often do you shift between ideas and start off on a same tangent? And what if such a thing could really be developed? Could people ever hide anything from each other ever again?
I presume it would be a good reason to really change your life. Imagine everyone you talk to or meet to understand all your thoughts, not just what you tell? Would you be comfortable right now? All that is in your mind at this moment, would you be willing to share it? I sure would notl at least not everyone!! (apart from that I think very few people could sort through the chaos they'd find LOL)
But imagine the trouble it would save.. no more talking behind someone's back, no more hiding no more misunderstanding?
I don't think people could handle that right now, we'd find a way to shut off I'm sure, but still!

This I found on the net (I was bored and surfing) and it struck me as interesting!
You Are A Poplar Tree

People tend to look up to you, and it's a bit lonely at the top.
Inside, you are not always self confident, but you show great courage.
Mature and organized, you are reliable in any situation.
You tend to have an artistic or philosophical outlook on life.
You are very choosy in love and take partnership seriously.

Music: Come away with me, Norah Jones
Quote: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Meike, you are talking my language here.
I find it funny that you should question this 'telepathy' (I call it spiritual instinct - the sixth sense).
You live by this instinct in your art, letting your mind go and letting your hands go where they will. Is it so hard to use this gift in other areas?

7/22/2006 9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home