Thursday, August 24, 2006

The secret Language of Music

Question: How do you get a guitar player to shut up?

Answer: you put a piece of sheet music in fromt of him.

I tell you it is not a joke it is the pure and awefull truth. Most of you who know me know I play music. I can read notes.. for a alto recorder and the right hand piano. I can figure out the left hand if I need to too, just not very fast. I can play guitar, okay lets not boast, I'm self tought, but I can play some songs and it is not all awefull. So I figued: put two and two together, it can;t be that hard.

WRONG!
I think I need to go study. I just remebered my weekness in music. Reading notes... Give me tabs! let me play after someone elses tune! but I guess this is simply a part of playing classical guitar. Wish me luck! and time...

My art class looks like it is going to consume me. Here I was thinkign I could take another class on this semester! Wheeeehaaa! This very English lady used to be a singer and an artist and teach.. and is all about planning. well if you dindlt know how to, she'll make you learn real fast. She told us we'd have 10 pieces done in twop weeks and she has some really random assignments! fhew!

So that is it for the creative part.. mostly. My other doom this semester will be BioPsychology. this is no matter of fun. This is some serious brain study and I think it will leave me rather brainwashed. And al these teachers expect me too read those 800 page books.. good thing practice starts soon.. I'll have a good excuse (for myself) not to be up to date..

Excited for tomorrow.. my psychology on self expression class.. hope it is as good as I think it will be!
Okay.. gotto go read :) I'm still pretending to be studious at the beginning of the semester ;)

Music: highway and people
Quote: "Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. " -Abigail Adams (AMEN)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Learning is nourishment for the brain Meike - sounds like you're going to have a feeding frenzy!

There is no 'secret language' for music - it comes from the heart, go with it, tabulature is good!!

Would you mind if I posted some of your art on my blog sometime, a bit of promotion!!

8/24/2006 8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eej meike!
you know taught is with "au"and not ou??!! ;)
and indeed...they should get rid of notes...tabs and hearing are sufficient :P all else is irrelevant :D....ok I'm off to Utrecht for toelating...:S laterz!

8/24/2006 10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home