Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cardboard boxes on the Beach

So yeah.. I know a lot of you thought I would be comping out on the beach right now but Hawaii wouldnlt be Hawaii if you wouldn't be taken in. I passioanately hate asking people for things as I always think I can sort things out myself, but WOW..

When I arrived I signed a lot of papers which Amy had sorted out with Kelly and Emily (the other two girls which are staying with us!) and faxed and posted them. Then I got invited to Laurens Birthday party!! So me and Amy took the bus over to Lauren where we had a very relaxed evening. (I had some trouble staying awake initially but after a while (when everyone else was passing out) I got quite active.
We crashed there and had fresh farm eggs for breakfast. Really relaxed. We went back to Mich's office the next morning.. uhhm afternoon, to call people and find some more places to stay.

Now we are staying with Margie's mom, who decided we needed rescueing from the teamroom (where I have not stayed a night yet) so now we are stayng at Kailua, really amazing place, where we can make dinner, walk to the beach (which is 5 minutes down the road and way better then Waikiki or Ala Moana.

And best of all.. tomorrow morning we will be signing the lease for our house! We will be hunting for beds and cabinets and other random stuff that needs to go in it, but if nothing else, we can always sleep on the wooden floor.
I havnlt actuially seen it yet :) But I know it;s good.. I've been into a similar one and we have a terifiic kitchen en living room (of which half will be Kelly's)
It will be great! I just hope we can find and organise bes and things tomorrow!
Wheee!

---
We got a place.. 10th floor! really cool view when there is no traffic. This is Amy in our room.. it is an absolute chaos we've got no furniture and no beds yet.. sorta expensive :) but we're doing good deals on second hand stuff..
Today is Sunday.. the day on which all shops here are open except for the ones you might need. Like the bicycle shop to buy a new lock or the key shop to get our keys copied. 4 people 2 keys and an elevator that needs a pass to get up.. really inconvenient.
The apartment is quite nice, we have loads of windows which is great because we're not allowed to stick anything in or on the walls. :S Maybe I can find a bed with a desk underneath. Hmm.. would be interesting. I need to store all my stuff!!! ahh!
Tomorrow school starts and I can go get my books and organise everything else, it will be good when we are really settled in!

And then we can get internet instead of hoping I can steal it from floating connections occasianlly if I'm lucky.. like now.. better publish before it is gone! (so also sorry for not e-mailing yet, I might mail some from the student athlete center tomorrow!) if I don't feel too rushed with all the things I need to do apart form school! Love for all!

Quote: "Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."
-John Howard Payne
Music: A Sorta Fairytale, Tori Amos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home