Monday, September 11, 2006

Creative on Command

So this weekend I spent at least 9 hours in the art building...
No, we do not have a crazy obsessive teacher...
Would her being British have anything to do with it?
Yes, I refuse to draw another senseless object this semester...
I am quite satisfied with ho some of them turned out though :)
The assignment:
Find two objects, stick them together, draw them. Fin another object, add it on, draw them again. Go in search of yet another object, make sure they ae securely stuck together, add t on, draw it again. Please use a different medium for each, try some different background materials... I want ten done by tuesday... and I reckon you need to spend at least 3 hours on a piece to make it succesfull. (She is right, of course, but if you have 10 pieces to do!!!)
So these are the results:



I left out 2. One because it was a picture (creative huh?) and the other simply because I forgot to take a picture of it. I think I definitely got more into it towards the end.. whadda you think?(there's bigger versions when you click on them) I think they are pretty neat pictures for a whole bunch of disposable objects LOL.

Oh and the highlight of my weak: I got called a neat freak to my face haha! and it was supposed to be an insult! Well let me tell ya, I'm still wondering if maybe I was dreaming. LOL

Music: Cassandra, ABBA
Quote: Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. -Frank Zappa


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the highlight of your weak??? you mean your week...that's week ;) dacht dat nl slecht ging, nou engels ook al :P :P :D LOL kon t nie laten snorry :P

9/11/2006 11:51 pm  
Blogger Iris said...

Well, as per usual I LOVE your art....you make it seem so simple and yet I know you put a lot of work in it!

Been back in NL for almost a week already! World trip over for a while already and now just looking for a job. The real world I guess. Also went to see Michelle and Vin this weekend. They just celebrated their 5th anniversary!!!!

9/13/2006 4:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik heb in mijn tijd honderden schoenen, papieren zakjes en ballen getekend.

"k snap er geen zak van, ik loop weg, de ballen!

sorry, het is nog vroeg en ik ben nog aan mijn koffie bezig.(nog maar drie lieter)

Hoi van de boys, moeten naar school.

C U

Bartman.

9/14/2006 4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeyy, I love them, specially the one the women ...

Hope you'll introduce me to her :D

9/15/2006 3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home