Monday, September 04, 2006

Cup, cup, cup, cup,... of, of, of, of,...

Well yes.. tea :)

Started the day off very well with some eggs and toast.. fresh farm eggs mind you! They were delicious! Nice ot know Amy had the same tradition at home, made it all the more enjoyable.

All satisfied and well I went to China town where, to my disappointment, the store where I got my T-Mobile card was closed. I found another one, but this man didn't speak plenty enlgish to no understand that I want simlock off! I guess not then! The official T-Mobile store was also closed, so I'm still unreachable.. I don't mind so much it is just a little inconvenient..

So seeing as I didn't need to spend money on that this weekend I went to waste it elsewhere! I bought myself the teapot I saw last time.. "happy happy joy joy" Yes I'm a little bit of a tea junky. So, especially after having a talk with a good friend back home and concluding you get lazy when living on your own and just don't make tea for yourself, I figured something needed to be done. (Thanks Vera!) This buy was very justified!

The teapot was bought in this fashion:
After talking to this lady for a while who imported the goods herself and inquiring about all kinds of tea and how it was grown and how that was different from Indonesia or India and what the customs were in China, (somewhere we even talked about thiopian cofee) I walked out of there with a teapot and 4 little chinese cups (because you couldn't just buy a teapot according to the lady) for merely 10 dollars. The teapot was 10 to start with so I guess I did a good job somehow... and in the end it was of course chinatown :)

This all in grave comparison with the lady in the store before that who tried to sell me a somewhat larger teapot for 36 dollars.
Next story:
I came into the store, which was stacked with porcelin dishes, cups, teapots, non-stick pans, chinese dragons, christmas ornaments, you name it! and in which I barely dared move in case I'd knock something over, I asked for the price of the thing as nothing had a lable on them. When she told me I lifted an eyebrow turned around and walked out. As I reached the door she said:" I can make you a nice deal for 13 dollars!!" but alas, I think she had hurt my pride too much by assuming I was a tourist. There ya go! ha! don't sell anything then! what was she thinking!!!

So now I have a nice little teaset and some delicious green tea and I emptied the whole pot over lunch. Life is just sooooo good LOL. Funny how such little things become such a big deal sometimes!

Of course I also went wild on Amy's moped, and I bought some flour and a cake form at walmart.. with the true intention of baking a dutch appeltaart(applecake).. however coming home I realised I had no measuring cups, no raisins, no bowl to mix things in and no butter.. ahhhhhh! so that will be for next weekend... (How Homely!)

Music: Voyage, George Moustaki
Quote: "There are a billion people in China. It's not easy to be an individual in a crowd of more than a billion people. Think of it. More than a BILLION people. That means even if you're a one-in-a-million type of guy, there are still a thousand guys exactly like you." -A. Whitney Brown
However if you are 6'1", white, and well you wear a big black bag and carry veggies as if you belong there, you stand out and feel like you are the only one in this world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, tea talk!

Lovin' my tea, can't start the day without a cup of assam tea (leaves not teabags). I hope your new pot brings you much joy, bonus with the cups as well!

9/04/2006 9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home