Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It is a Sport!

My first reaction was F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!
the second time I decided to smile about it
and the third time I saw it coming...

I was cycling home from the bookstore (beautifull, awesome, wunderbar I lurve books!)
and it was raining. I had tried to wait a little, but it didn't get less so I decided to go.
It was okay and I might have made it home in a decent state, untill: Hrm, this car switched two lanes to drive through a big pool of water to create a wave big enough to hit me in the face. I was remotely pissed off, but glad I packed my books in a lot of plastic bags before setting out.
Then I didn't care anymore and letting go of all my previous efforts to stay dry, decided to get realy soaked (which didn't need much effort from me because it started to seriously poor down! And, obviously, it is a sport to splash bicylcles... All I could do was smile.. I smiled at everyone I saw, some smiled back, some started laughing and two guys took their raincoats off following my example. (there really was no point in trying to stay dray, it was inpossible.) but it was really nice!
Took a shower with my clothes on (I just did my laundry so I needed to at least rinse it out) and felt really refreshed! Nothing better than a good rain!

So yeah, no fire throwing tonigh (water and fire don't mix) and no bible study.. Just books. Bought a book on Salvador Dali, there is one crazy artist, but I suppose that comes with the trade. Not sure if you need insanity to be a great artist or be a great artist to go insain, but it is a beautifull book with large illustrations and explanations for his thoughts behind the drawings and a readable history on art... and only 6 dollars!!!

I will most likely not update before friday or the weekend, so happy thanksgiving to everyone! (thursday)

Now I need to sleep even though I'm totally awake and invigorated by the rain. I have art at 7 hours!

Music: Eels, Railroad Man & Radiohead, Streetspirit

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope that I have another temple in mind. The one I remember most vividly is the one in Hampi with this huge Ganesha. This was mainly because of the overpowering smell, not too say stench, of bat dung.............
Sometimes it is better to keep the memory and not to revisit the place later on. My experience from the excursion I undertook with Marleid in Indonesia. The remote house in the rubber plantation, where the monkeys trekked through the waringin in the morning was now enclosed by other houses and had a church next door. The snakes had not moved on though and were still a pain in the ... according to the present occupant of the (our)house.
Sic transit gloria. Love Daddy

11/24/2005 5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Meike,

Aha, rain. I know the feeling and can enjoy it as well. Today (friday nov 25) we have the first snow in the Netherlands. Getting wet when it snows is not so enjoyable as you probably know. Fortunately in Maastricht there was no problem until it started a few hours ago, but a large part of the country was and is totally chaotic. Some highways 'enjoyed' traffic jams of almost 100 km length! The worst traffic jams recorded in history! Personally I always love it when nature (finally) shows that we humans can not control it all and we have to be humble, seek help, communicate with each other and have to improvise. I hope that when I wake up tomorrow the world is white and I can make nice hike!

Greetings,

Jaco

11/25/2005 11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home