Monday, November 21, 2005

Ode to Fruit

Some things are meant to be... I was looking at what intensive writing classes I wanted to take and found thatr there are very few in Psych I can take right now, however it seemed dort of a good idea to take one while on the road because there are no exams, just writing, and I can do that in my own time, so no working ahead or catching up! I did find a really interesting course, but it is on general writing, in English. Myths, Legends and Folklore. I still want to take that, but my Psychology teacher (who is a really good teacher and who makes lectures fun!) decided to teach a Writing Intensive class and asked if there was anyone interested! and on developmental Psych too! YES!!!! Only 15 people allowed in that class though. I hope I get in!

Saturday I semi-worked out. Or I should say I didn't play waterpolo but I worked my ass off! I swam (as I did Friday but not as much as my arms were still heavy) and did 1h15min of powertraining. I made myself a nice set... It was actually a good workout! After I slept a bit and went to Waikiki to do some shopping, hoped to find a sportsbikini at the same time. No such luck... Had fun haggling at the International market on waikiki, where they place the item in your hand before you even had a decent look at it. 60% off, I think I still have my skills, but I just don't understand how tourists can be so stupid as to pay the full price after they saw me pay so much less, you'd think they'd catch on!!!? Donated some monay to a thanksgiving dinner for the homeless folks, and had a really itnersting discussion with this guy about Krishna and their beliefs and reincarnation. He handed me a smiley sticker because he caught me not smiling in Waikiki.. needed to be rectified. Funy guy.
Bought myself a really yum papaya: cut like butter and was really delicious (if you like papaya) Had about an hour of time for myself lying on the beach reading my book. really nice. also looked at toursists a bit and dozed :)
Finally, after some dinner, ended up going to the theater with Amy, Aurelien, Arnaud and Jeremy. The last was trying to create magic behind his computer so came straight to the theater from work. One really determined guy that... and I think he had popcorn for dinner, LOL. We watched derailed. I thought it was pretty good untill somewhere half way I felt the plot was given away. Definitely wait to rent that one :) but not bad alltogether

Today I went to the Swapmeet at Aloha satium, just about on the other side of the island, with Tanya. She lives down the other side of the hall, is from russia but basically American now, we have the funnyest discussions! It was great fun! bought lost of stuff! also didn't buy a lot of other stuff, I really restrained myself and tried to stick with Christmas presents. I got lots! Also had a really good juicy mango. Yes, dripping down the chin experience and all! Also had a Coconut. Drank the milk and then went back to have the guy hack it in two. Munch munch!
After walking between irritating and sometimes very rude tourists we were dead and both sorta passed out on the bus. Then had 45minutes of sleep at home and then Amy came in and we went to the beach with the French guys again. playes some..."waterpolo" layed around, juggled, played volleyball.. yeah altogether nice! now we are going to make some dinner.. we just came back to take a quick shower and clean up.

And just for all folks that know what I am comparing: Sitting in the back of a moped is almost just as good as sitting in the back of a Toyota on your way home and having the warm night wind blow in your face and through your hair with the sweet smell of Plumeria in the air. Just so you all know that life is good! :) Amy would say that that is when you know that God is kissing you. So it must be really good! *grins*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like life is real good, whether it's the gods, or angels, doesn't matter, does it?
even the intensive writing class seems heaven-sent... some people are lucky! Njoy!
spree_met_voeten

11/21/2005 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home