Monday, November 14, 2005

Le Restant du Fondue au Chocolat

Be ready for a huge blog entry!!! :)

Thursday Amy got invted Kezia to go see a speaker which was supposedly really good, I was invited too. Somehow it sparked my curiosity, you know, I'm a curious person and after hearing about speakers I needed to see one. So I went.
Now his lady was something else. I can not say she was a good speaker based on the way she talked and the repetition and the language, but she had a really good point and she got it across. Somehow though I can always see the things that are being said as being part of life, and not neccesarily related to God. She talked about how people do things because they feel they need to because of other people. Pressure to be good, live up to expectatations, the need to please others to make sure they like you. It made sense... but then when she said that it is not the people you need to please but God I felt like that was a similar problem. You are doing things to please someone else, and I suppose if that someone else is God and you believe this that should be okay, but it leaves me with the feeling that you still might be doing things which you might not otherwise do... and maybe that is not neccesarily negative, but oh well, you see what I mean?

Friday we had a Luau. Sort of like a party... it was really nice, and I found I knew a lot more people than I though I did + I suppose it helps enjoying talking to different people and not feeling bad about randomly adressing them. The food was pretty darn good too! Also there was live music and especially the guy on the drum was really cool. I took two pictures with ALyssa's camera and hope to turn them into a drawing when I have time. Beautifull!

Then I booked my ticket to Canada for Christmas!!!! Beware! Here I come! YES!

Saturday morning workout became a scavenger hunt at Margi's and Coralie's place. Yes it involved a lot of workout, walking on the beach, diong handstands and swimming to flat island.. but it was fun. Too bad my knee thought otherwise! After we had a brunch there, good fun too, and I had a nice talk with Margi, who I never really had a chance to talk to yet and Coralie showed me some realy cool pictures online! I wanna draw! After that I went to the beach with Shannon, Kristy and Steph, I think we just all passed out for about the first 45 minutes.. after that we were all in good spirits and had fun. Met this guy named Max, who came later, really nice chap (gosh that sounded English) but he's interesting, hope to meet him again sometime. We all had dinner at this Italien place.. at 4:30 or so.. oef! but it was really really good! Pesto Pasta! Hmmm! Back in my room I thought it would be a good time to do some stuff. Thought wrong! I ended up going along with Amy and Arnaud and Aurelien to get some dinner but didn't eat. I did get some coldstone Icecream for dessert though! Way too much food for one day still!
We decided to go see a movie, but we were sorta late so I ended up getting my laptop with Amy while the guys went to rent a movie. They got this french movie named Chorus, which we watched in french with english subtitles.. Anyone who can find it, go see it! It is beautufll.. People prone to crying, beware, I had this moment where I wanted to exchange looks with my bro and check on my mom LOL good old days!
Didn't think it was much of a guys movie, but they all loved it, in fact they had seen it before and felt we needed to see it and they would just see it again. I'm impressed!
2:30 bedtime?? I will never learn!

SO I got up at 8.. yes well.. I was actually quite productive! wrote me an essay, and did all this other stuff that had to be done, only thing that is still on my list is VACUUMING! Our room is sooo gross! Ew, Yeck! Bleh Brrr.... NEED! TO VACUUM!
Then I was going to go go shopping with a girl from our team but I couldnlt get hold of her so I ended up, yes, I went to the beach again.. at about 4. You know, Aloha time... I was going to go at three, knowing Aurelien, Arnaud and Jeremie were going to be there but ran into Dana in the hall, I hadn't talked to her in so long I just had to catch up. She had just brought back the most amazing claywork/pottery she had made. So I hung out for a bit.

Ended up going to the beach, then to the usual sunday acrobatics and prcticed poi some more.. for those who didn't get what that was last time, poi are two chains with balls on it that you spin aroudn and light with fire.. really awesome stuff, unless you hit yourelf and torch your hair :)
Then we went to the store and brought dinner: namely.. lost of fruit and chocolate for chocolate findue (which is not English but merely my incapability to type with 10 fingers and hitting the "i" instead of the "o" and being in a hurry because my roomie needed to do her essay! so Fondue au Chocolate it is), then we called Amy and Kezia, who were still very hard at work and convinced them to come over and join the party! Had sooooooo much chocolate, and not just in my mouth... (this post wil be edited when I get hold of all the pictures!)
It was great fun, and about 2:30 before I got to get some sleep again!
Right now, Amy needs to finish her essay though..
make sure you come back for the picture update!
Hugz to all!

Oh and Le Restant de Chocolat? I took a shower yesterday, and I did clean my face way before that, but this morning I still found some chocolate in my eye! hmmm

P.S.: I just vacuumed, ahhhhhh so nice!

Music for the day: Rasmus, Not Like the Other Girls


UPDATE!!!

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
This was just the beginning!

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
And he is thinking...: Mon Dieu.. I live with a bunch of Kids?! ;)

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
Amy's Facemask...

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
Kezia stayed amazingly clean, but I know she still loves me! I was bound and gagged and smeared I didntl get a choice :S :p and I don't understand how Nick managed to escape the camera! Hrm, you got lucky this time! But there is no feeding the bears anymore!

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
Look who is smiling!!!

Image Hosted by The Image Hosting
Fondue au Chocolat!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, you just look so nice :)

But what a waste of chocolate !! shame on you !!!

haha :)

Hugzy ;)

11/15/2005 9:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just my idea, what a waste of chocolate, hope it was of the inferior usa quality....

Nice pictures though, will be preserved for eternity as your mother will print and file them.

Turkey is an amazing country with lots of antiquities. Stone age till the ottomans. I am staying now in Edessa (Diyarbakir), familiar to me from the crusader times "count of E". Will send some later.

Keep up the good spirit.

Daddy

11/16/2005 12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home